Ben in the rain

Happy Wednesday, my friends! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far. Here is a card that I made using one of the February releases from Whiff of Joy Stamps.


This super cute image is called Ben in the rain. He is so cute and delightful! I guess we all kind of like to play in the rain at that age. =)


You have to love that little frog on his umbrella! It's such a cute detail. I added  Glossy Accents to all the water spots before realizing that I probably should have colored the water poodle on the ground in cool grey to match the ground. Now it looks like he is playing in milk! LOL! Oh well, let's hope that I'll learn from this mistake... =)


The adorable patterned paper is from the new 6x6 paper kit - Fruehlingserwachen. It's designed by our very own Katharina (owner of WOJ)!! This is a very versatile pad and perfect for springy projects. I used the lovely Curly Hearts Border Die on the orange polka dot paper since it looks like wave/water when you turn it upside down. And of course it didn't occur to me that I would cover most of it with my design... The sentiment is from this set by Hero Arts.


I made this card using the For my Tweetheart released in January, but forgot to post it.


Just a very simple card with this adorable bird/owl. I stamped the Clouds background from Hero Arts on the tag before pop dotted the cut out bird over it. The heart border on the card base is from the Simple Valentine set from Papertrey Ink and the sentiment is from the Victorian Fripperie set by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

That's all for now. Have a fantastic day!



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
for the "Ben in the rain" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Copic Xpress It!
stamps: (Ben in the rain) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (sentiment) Hero Arts
patterned paper: Whiff of Joy Stamps
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
buttons: Papertery Ink
dies: (Curly Herat Border) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (oval, circle, Lebels 17) Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: Glossy Accents, crochet thread, sewing machine, thread
Copics used:
skin: E11, E01, E00, E000, R20, R22
hair: E59, E57, E25, E53
coat & boots: BG13, BG11, BG10, E49, E47, E44
jeans: E19, E17, E15, E13
shirt: Y38, Y35, Y32
umbrella: YR07, YR04, YR02, BG13, BG11, BG10
frog: YR17, YG03, YG01, E95, E93, R20
rain: W3, W1, W00, 0
ground: C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, C00, 0
card size: 5" x 5"


for the "For my Tweetheart" card:
cardstock, tag die: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (For my Tweetheart) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (Simple Valentine) Papertrey Ink, (Victorian Fripperie) Waltzingmouse Stamps
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Papertrey Ink Perfect Match
twine: May Arts
corner rounder: EK Success
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Copics used:
bird: E37, E35, E33, E31, E21, E51, E50, YR24, YR23, YR31
letter: R39, R27, R24, R22,, RV42, BG01, B000, E43, E42, E41, E50
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

yyam said…
Ahhhh...such delightful cards! Love the image of Ben splashing the puddles of water...;) Awesome coloring! And love the owl card too! Love the hearts on kraft stamping...such a subtle but lovely background! :)
itsallrosi said…
you have the sweetest images and your coloring is so fantastic! love that frog on top of the umbrella. so cute!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Beautiful images and wonderful cards!
Monika Reeck said…
Dear Alice I love the effect on the umbrella that you put..looks like a real water Alice...cute and ADORABLE card...love also the second card ...cute tag...Miss you Alice (I write this on my class = we learn excel today hehe)
Tasha said…
Wow both of these are so cute! Love the images and your fantastic colour work. The layouts and the dp on the first card are all fantastic
love tasha xx
Rach said…
gorgeous gorgeous work Alice, both cards are fantastic, Ben looks as though he is having a lot of fun.xx
debby4000 said…
Oh these are fabulous Alice.
luv
Debby
Maria Therese said…
Gorgeous card! And I just love that cute frog on the umbrella :)
Dorcas said…
They're both really lovely but I particularly love the happy rain card! SO many times rain cards are "under the weather" cards so rain gets a bad rep. But this is pure fun!
Sanne said…
2 cuties! Great coloring.....
Love the little frog un the umbrella he he...
BabyBokChoy said…
oh yes these are so so so adorable!! Ben is looking happy jumping in the puddle!!
Iulia said…
Gorgeous card and coloring, Alice! The water puddle turned out great; I would have never thought of milk:))
Hugs, Iulia
Jodi Collins said…
As usual, these are ADORABLE Alice!!
donna mikasa said…
Adorable cards!! Love the GA on Ben's umbrella and how the owl appears to be flying off that tag! Beautifully colored as always! Happy Hump Day!!
Dotty Jo said…
Two totally gorgeous cards Alice, both full of joy and super cute! Jo x
Diane Jaquay said…
Oh my goodness Alice, both of these are too too adorable! You and Niki Estes co share the crown in my book, "The Queens of CUTE" lol!
Marlene said…
Your cards EQUALS CUTENESS!!!!

Love the splash of water on that umbrella...and that bird is just so cute with a capital C!
artfuldelight said…
WOW! Both cards are fabulous, love the image on the first one. :-)
Alice, that frog on the umbrella is too cute! And that owl one... OMG, I totally adore it. It looks so cute & sweet. Great cards both of them.
Joan V said…
Wow, these cards are gorgeous. Your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Stamping Cafe said…
Aw... sweet images and adorable cards, dear girlie! Your coloring is perfect as always, it doesn't look like Ben is playing in the milk to me! :)
Suzanne C said…
My first words were super cute and then I saw that is how you described the image too! Wonderful design and love your tweehart card too!
Christiana said…
Aw, these are both so adorable! I love those images, and your coloring is amazing.
Shirley N said…
OMgoodness Alice, I'm soooo loving these cards, they really make me smile big time! I especially love your first card--every detail so special! LOVELOVELOVE Ben!!! You have a great day too!
Virginia L. said…
What an ARTIST you are, Alice! These two cards are out of this world.. they will make anyone smile :) Love them!!!!!
Karen B. said…
Two cute projects, the glossy accents on the first is a superb embellishment.
ChickieChirps said…
These are just gorgeous! I love the glossy accents you have added to the umbrella! And the tag is supercute.

Arabella
Beate said…
Both cards are beautiful. Ben and the owl are both colored beautifully. Darling images and super cute cards.
Hugs and smiles
~amy~ said…
Such fun cards...those patterned papers are CUTE!!!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Both cards are absolutely adorable. I love the little guy in the rain. The colors you used are so bright and cheery! As always your coloring is awesome.
Monique said…
Alice these are just adorable..Ben really looks like he is playing in the rain.. Great job :)
These cards are just the cutest! The coloring is fabulous and the images are wonderful!
:) Rachel
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Both are adorable, but I especially LOVE the little boy splashing in the puddles! I happen to LOVE rain (in case you didn't know...haha) and splashing in puddles is so much fun! I might have to grab this stamp.

Hugs!
Lisa
Deirdre said…
I will just have to have Ben... he is just ADORABLE. Love it. Beautiful Cards Alice. Have a great weekend.
Tyggereye said…
These are adorable. I love the owl one. Just perfect. :)
Adorable, Alice. Love the litle owl!
Tiffany Ervin said…
These images really make me smile BIG time! Love that sweet owl carrying the envelope!
Emily Leiphart said…
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both of these! The first one is totally my son and the second one is so sweet! I still think you should do a Copic video tutorial. Heck, if I can make them, you should! ;)
Joy said…
How sweet is that Ben stamp with that little froggy sitting on top, super cute and well what can I say about that owl, I am a sucker for them, sweet!

Popular Posts