no stamps?!

I know! As a stamper and coloring addict, I didn't think it's possible to make a card without using any stamps. I whined, kicked and screamed, but was still being put in charge of the Stamp Free Friday for the month of February over at the PWCO blog. Embrace for the worst, ladies! Here is my card.


Ok, it wasn't really that bad and I actually had fun making this one thanks to the adorable patterned paper from Bo Bunny Press. =) The super cute chipmunk was cut from the Love Bandit Cut Outs sheet and the scene behind him was the upper right corner of the Love Bandit sheet.


I trimmed a few thin stripes of paper from different patterned paper from the Love Bandit collection and made a "ground" for him. The letters were cut using thin self adhesive foam that I got at Michaels (Thanks for the tips, Alexandra!!) and cut using the Metro alpha die set from QuicKutz. The heart border is cut using WOJ's Heart Lace Border die. I also added Glossy Accents to all the little hearts on the patterned paper.

That's all. Will you be watching the Super Bowl today? I'll be watching for the ads as always, but since hubby is from Pittsburgh originally, I guess we'll be rooting for the Stealers! =)

Edited to add: Do you know that poppystamps is having a Kanji Sale? All Kanji Stamps are on sale at 20 % off! Don't forget to check them out!



Hope you all have a fun and sweet Sunday and thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: Bo Bunny Press
dies: (Heart Lace Border) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (letters) QuicKutz
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: Glossy Accents, sewing machine, thread
card size: 5" x 3 1/2"

Comments

Monika Reeck said…
Ouch Alice this is soo cuuutee love love love.and I miss you I am so sorry really have less time since I go to school again but you are stay always in my heart dear...hugs
itsallrosi said…
cute! I know what you mean, I always think my cards look nude with no stamping. hope your month goes quick :)
Michelle Short said…
I can imaging the difficulty faced, I don't think I ever make a card without stamps! Your card is adorable though, I love it! x
Cathy Fongjoyo said…
aaawwwhh.. so cute! love the image, love the border. love the sentiment.. and especially the little cute creature ><
always love ur colour combo

x
cathy fong
Kelly Booth said…
This is just the Cutest Cutest card....Love it my friend....Hugs!!!
Beate said…
Wow! I am in awe. Only you could make such a cute card without stamps.

Boy...and you have to do that every week! You are brave.

Hugs and smiles
~amy~ said…
c-u-t-e!!!!!! Okay, excellent tip on the foam letters!!!!! Thank you!
dstandard said…
Oh this is just adorable - love this BB paper and love what you did with it!
Silli said…
wow- zers girl, your card is so cute, love the hearts border die...HUGS
Super cute, Alice (even without your signature coloring)!
Karen B. said…
Such a fun card to see from you, shows your versatility to the max!
Virginia L. said…
ALWAYS love your cards--stamp or no stamp!! Sorry that I don't stop by as often as I would have liked....working really cut my hours (ggrrrr!!).
Tasha said…
Ok so i would have been kicking and screaming too! But i think you have done a fantastic job! I love it! So clever to cut him out and the little scene is uber cute!
love tasha xx
donna mikasa said…
Amazingly cute card with NO stamps?? And you hand cut the sentiment?? Girl, you are totally awesome!! Love your cheery card! Have a Super Sunday! Go Steelers!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Worst? No way. This is totally adorable!!
Nancy said…
Amazing card, Alice! No stamps???? You are so creative!
Shirley N said…
Stamps, no stamps, awww Alice--everything you make turns out incredibly cute and so adorable!!! I wish I could be Jamie for just one day and watch you create! Have a "super" day! Hugs!
BabyBokChoy said…
Baby this is so so so adorable, look at that amazing stitching!
Lin said…
Making a card without stamping is hard for me too, but this is adorable, Alice - you get an A+ from me!!
Julia Aston said…
Well, I think you rocked a no stamp card Alice! This is so cute! I'm watching the game even as I blog! We are Patriots fans but still enjoy watching the Souper bowl no matter who is playing!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Very sweet card, that heart edge at the bottom is delicious looking!
1LuvnMama said…
Alice,
You know I think your coloring is amazing, but this is way wonderful! :) That chipmunk is way cute and luv the cheery scenery you created for him! :) Happy Sunday.
Carly said…
Oh my gosh so crazy cute!!! Adorable!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
This is super cute, lovely and happy colors, and cute image, thanks for sharing your talent!
Karina Beck said…
This is so cute. Love your little scene!!
Diane Jaquay said…
aaack!! How CUTE is this?!!!
alexandra s.m. said…
Oh Alice even with no stamp your cards are to die for!
Thanks for mentioning my name, you're so sweet ;-))
Marlene said…
Another fantastic creation, stamp or no stamp! (Shhhh...I was rootin' for the Steelers, too...but don't tell anyone - since they made a mess out of that game!)
Anonymous said…
who is that nasty boss of yours that make you do this?

ridiculous!! I think you should fire her! lol

great job, and you've just proved nothing can stop you and making beautiful work!
ivy said…
stamping or no stamping, your card here is still cute & fab!!
Suzanne C said…
Adorable card! Even with out any stamping. :)
This card is beyond adorable! Your cards are amazing with or without stamps!
:) Rachel

Popular Posts