Nora with spring birds

Hello all! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far. Here is a card that I made for Challenge #97 over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog. Just checked, I think I missed the deadline. Oh well... =)


The challenge theme was "Love is in the air" and it didn't have to be a Valentine. I used the adorable Nora with spring birds for my card. I adore this delightful image. =)


I inked the paper lightly with spun sugar distress ink when the piece was still in the die. The sentiment piece is made the same way. The seam binding is dyed with the same ink and the paper doily is sponged with spun sugar as well.


The patterned paper is from the Gossamer collection by Memory Box and the sentient is from the Victorian Fripperie set by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

That's all. Hope you have a lovely day! =)



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamp: (Nora with spring birds) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (sentiment) Waltzingmouse Stamps
patterned paper: Memory Box
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
pearl brad: Whiff of Joy Stamps
paper doily: Royal Lace
seam binding: Hug Snug
dies: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
Copics used:
skin: E02, E00, E000, R20
hair: E29, E27, E25, E53
dress: R89, R85, R83, R81, BG18, BG13, BG11, W1, W00, 0
birds: Y28, Y26, Y21, Y11, C7, C5, C3
card size: 5" x 5"

Comments

Deirdre said…
Alice, your colouring is just AMAZING... wow, love it.
Dotty Jo said…
Beautiful colouring Alice! What a sweet image, Jo x
donna mikasa said…
Such a sweet card and a super cute image! Your coloring absolutely rocks! I love how you colored her hair--so cool!!
itsallrosi said…
what a happy girl! so pretty!
yyam said…
Just so pretty! Loving the lilac...:)
debby4000 said…
Fabulous, adorable card Alice.
luv
Debby
Maria Therese said…
Stunning card sweetie!!
Beate said…
What a sweet image. Your coloring looks wonderful and the paper you picked for it is perfect!
Hugs and smiles
~amy~ said…
totally makes me smile:)
Silli said…
Wonderful sweetie, love your coloring!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Alice I love your coloring of this image, it's amazing. Such a pretty card. I love that image...so cute!
BabyBokChoy said…
She is so so so cute, and I love love the layering you have done with this card!
Kim C said…
What an amazingly beautiful card! I lurve your colouring! Do you use the Ranger Ink Blending Tool to ink the die cut (while still in the nestabilities)? I can never get such an even inked effect!
Jodi Collins said…
She is ADORABLE!! LOVE her expression! Your coloring is stunning, especially on her hair!!
Virginia L. said…
Work of art!! You are amazing,amazing.....zing ,zing, zing(tell me to stop when you get tired of hearing it)! BTW I adore the colors and ribbons and doily..well, everything. That image is so adorable--makes me smile :)
Super sweet card, Alice. I bet you heard it all the time about your amazing coloring. :) But' it's so true!!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Alice your card is adorable. Those highlights in the girl's hair are magnificent!
Monique said…
This is so cute Alice... The little birds and the ribbon reminds me of Cinderella :)..Love this!!
Sparkplug17 said…
This is just precious! I wish it were spring already!
Shirley N said…
Hi Alice! I came for my morning smile and boy did I get it! Your card is beautiful and your image is soooo adorable! I so love how you colored her hair, gorgeous!!!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
So sweet, you got the best coloring I've ever seen, all the sweet pink element + doily, just lovely!
Marlene said…
What a HAPPY delightful card!
Super cute & sweet card Alice :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
Stamping Cafe said…
Again, you coloring is just amazingly fabulous! Love everything about you card, girlie! Love ya!
Anita Rex said…
So fun! Love the shabby ribbon it's such a great touch!
Emily Leiphart said…
Aw, this makes me smile! I love it!
Suzanne C said…
Super cute! Lovely design and card!
sunghee said…
Beautiful and cute! The color is just too gorgeous~~!!!

Popular Posts