Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #33

Happy Saturday! Thanks for joining me for a card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. First is the sketch:
Here is my take on the sketch:


The pretty patterned paper is from the Mariposa stack by DCWV that a sweet friend shared with me. Delicious paper, I tell ya.


I used the border stamp from the Victorian Fripperie set and stamped on the patterned paper using bundled sage and tattered rose distress inks. The sentiment is from the Fancy Phrases set. I made the crochet butterfly to finish the card.


Here is a closer look of the butterfly and the tone on tone stamping. I actually made a little mistake on the pattern, since it's symmetric I just made the same mistake on the other side to match. I think it still looks like a butterfly, no? =)

You can use any stamps you want for the challenge, but we would love it if you can use Waltzingmouse Stamps! Please go to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog to see what the other Mischief Makers came up with and check out all the details for the challenge.

Hope you can join us this week!

Have a fabulous weekend, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
patterned paper: DCWV
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
twine: May Arts
crochet thread: DMC
pearls: Recollections
die: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Another lovely sketch, and I love your card too, soft colors and that crocheted butterfly is so pretty!
Shirley N said…
It sure does look like a butterfly and it's beautiful Alice, perfect for your lovely card. Love your colors and your DP too!
Tasha said…
Alice this is incredibly beautiful, i must say that paper is gorgoeus! Love the green and pink together! I love the crochet, its so sweet
love tasha xx
yyam said…
Still looks like a pretty butterfly to me Alice! :)

Such a pretty card! :)
Beate said…
Oh...that's so pretty! Love the paper and butterfly you chose. The stitching and twine give it the perfect finish.

Hugs and smiles
~amy~ said…
girl...love that butterfly..you're simply a-mazing! Such a pretty color combo!!
Deirdre said…
Simply stunning Alice.
Julia Aston said…
I love the papers and soft pastel colors on this Alice and your crocheted butterfly is gorgeous!
donna mikasa said…
Oooh, such a lovely, simple sketch! And your buttterfly is just gorgeous! You are soooo creative, Alice! Have an awesome coloring day, my friend!
Courtney K said…
love this simple design and your little butterfly!!
Stamping Cafe said…
This is gorgeous, Alice! Love that beautiful butterfly, I can't tell you made any mistake!! :) Love it!!
Michelle said…
As usual I drop by your blog to see a Copic coloured masterpiece, but this time around I was caught by surprise!! I love how you played with the pattern paper alone and that gorgeous crochet beauty and came up with this wonderful card Alice:-) Always inspired by your blog...

Warmest Hugs,
Michelle.
Karina Beck said…
Oh, simply beautiful!
Monika Reeck said…
what a great color combo Alice and love your butterfly sooo sweeet and you are really creativ my friend..muach
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE LOVE that butterfly and your card is so pretty with the soft pastel colors....hugs!!
Silli said…
sooo pretty Alice...love the butterfly...
Love the crocheted butterfly! Pretty colors, too!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Simply beautiful. Gorgeous crocheted butterfly!
Sharon said…
Absolutely beautiful, Alice. I love the soft muted colours. :D
Tiffany Ervin said…
So soft and romantic, I don't think I've ever worked with a crochet butterfly before, so pretty Alice!!
Marlene said…
Oooh...that butterfly is gorgeous!
ivy said…
your card is perfection!! simple gorgeous!
sunghee said…
crochet butterfly! Wow~!!! Another wonderful card!!!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful butterfly and card. Love the soft papers and colors!

Popular Posts