Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Year of the Bunny!! Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year. This is the most important holiday in the Chinese culture. I bet my family in Taiwan is enjoying all the festivities and eating super yummy meals. It's holidays like this that I wish we lived closer... Anyhoo, it's still a day to celebrate, here is a little bunny card for you!


I used Year of the Bunny from Mo's Digital Pencil for my card. Mo even added a little 福 - FU paper sign (it means luck) that we usually paste on the front door.


I was trying to make him look fluffy, so I used lighter pink for his bunny suit. =)


Red is the most loved/used color in the Chinese culture especially for the New Year. The Chinese people believes that red brings luck and prosperity. And that's why I used shades of red. I found a piece of washi that I think is suitable for the purpose and paired it with two solid, unprinted washi. The sentiment is from Close To My Heart.

That's all for now. Hope you have a prosperous Year of the Bunny!! 新年快樂, 恭喜發財!=)



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
cardstock, ribbon: Papertrey Ink
digital stamp: Mo's Digital Pencil
sentiment stamp: Close To My Heart
washi from my stash
ink: Versafine Onyx Black
paper doily: Wilton
corner rounder: EK Success
die: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Copics used:
skin: E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
bunny suit: R22, RV42, R20, R11, E95, E93
FU: R39, R27, R24, R22, YR24, YR23, YR31
shadow: W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00, 0
card size: 5" x 5"

Comments

Tasha said…
Alice this is adorable! Love the colour work and fabulous colour combo
love tasha xx
donna mikasa said…
Kung Hei Fat Choi, Alice! I hope that's right....Love, love, love your "Year of the Bunny" card! Sooo cute! Sending you some virtual gau and hugs!
yyam said…
Oh my! What an awesome CNY card! :)

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Have a fabulous rabbit year! :)
Rach said…
Alice this is gorgeous hun.xx
Silli said…
This is sweet Alice..;-) Love the cute image!
~amy~ said…
okay, thee perfect image to celebrate today! CUTE!!
Beate said…
This just makes me smile big time! What a darling image! Your coloring and color choices are outstanding as always.
Adorable card.
Hugs and smiles
scrapn_momof2 said…
Fantastic card Alice. I love your choice of colors. That little bunny is too cute.
Jodi Collins said…
Beautiful Alice! Darling image and I LOVE the doily peeking out!!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Happy New Year Alice. Love your blog and artwork. I signed up to follow you to keep up with all your creations.
Tiffany Ervin said…
Super cute little bunny, LOVE this! And Happy New Year to you too Alice! Wishing you and yours a prosperous year!
Karen B. said…
What a wonderful and uplifting post, and such a cute card to go along. I hope you have a fabulous year of the bunny as well.
Kiong Hi, Alice! At least that's what we said from where I come from. :) I miss celebrating withmy family as well. Hope this bunny year brings you plenty of joyful things.
Shirley N said…
Ahhh, he's so furry and so adorable, makes me want to squish him! Love the papers you used, beautiful card Alice! Kung Hei Fat Choi to you and yours!!!
BabyBokChoy said…
Cute rabbit!!! happy new year!!!
Clare said…
What an adorable bunny! I just wanna squeeze him! And I love the card design!
A happy new year to you too, my friend!! :)
Marlene said…
EEEK! That is one CUTE bunny!! Looks so huggable! Happy Chinese New Year!
Stamping Cafe said…
Happy Chinese New Year to you, Alice! I wish I could be in Taiwan right now!

Super duper gorgeous and that Year of Bunny is way too adorable, love everything about this card!
alexandra s.m. said…
HAPPY NEW YEAR Alice!!
Your card is adorable <3
Virginia L. said…
Sorry that I'm a little late in chiming in 新年快樂, 恭喜發財! Hope you have the best year ever!
Dotty Jo said…
A slightly belated Kung Hei Fat Choi Alice! What a great way to start the new year with a fun pink bunny, Jo x
Suzanne C said…
Adorable Happy New Year card. It is truly an Alice HNY card. :) Perfect color and sweet design and details!

Popular Posts