Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #36

Happy Saturday! Thanks for joining me for a card for this week'sWaltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Here is this week's sketch:


Here is my take on the sketch:


I again used my distress inks as watercolor paint and colored the apples from the Peace and Plenty set with barn door and a little bit of crushed olive. The stems are colored with vintage photo and the leaves peeled paint


The background is made the same way as this card. I smashed some barn door on my acrylic block, spritzed it with lots of water then covered the whole piece with the watered down ink using a paint brush.


The pattern on the background is made using the different sizes of circle tree leave stamps from the Teeny Trees set. The ink that I used for stamping the patterns is very similar to the one I used to cover the background, but not as watered down. I smashed some barn door on the acrylic block, spritzed water on it then picked up the ink with the stamps. I stamped off the first impressions on a piece of scratch paper to get rid of most of the water before I stamped them on the background piece. The sentiment is from the Fancy Phrases set.

You can use any stamps you want for the challenge, but we would love it if you can use Waltzingmouse Stamps! Please go to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog to see what the other Mischief Makers came up with and check out all the details for the challenge.

Hope you can join us this week!

Have a fabulous weekend, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Strathmore Watercolor
stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
seam binding: Hug Snug
die: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
card size: 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy said…
How sweet and gorgeous is this card, love it!
Dorcas said…
Wow! You did that with distress inks! Very fine!
Deborah Frings said…
This is super - love the softness of the images and the colours. The apples are just gorgeous!
Cathy Fongjoyo said…
lovely coloring on the apples and gorgeous take on the sketch ^^
scrapn_momof2 said…
Beautiful card Alice. I am going to have to try your background technique.
~amy~ said…
LOVE it....those apples are sooo cute!
Pauline said…
Beautiful card, I love your colouring on the apples, you're second to none!
Marlene said…
those look good enough to eat! Colored perfectly.
donna mikasa said…
Love your take on the sketch! Those apples look so yummy and the background looks awesome! Always so inspiring, Alice! Have a wonderful weekend, girlie! Keep warm!!
Julia Aston said…
Wonderful row of apples Alice - and I love your bg stamping! great coloring techniques on this!
Elizabeth Allan said…
This card absolutely glows Alice. Love all the techniques you used.
Jean Martin said…
This is adorable Alice! I agree with Elizabeth...your techniques are great!
Brenda said…
Oh my goodness Alice! I just adore those apples! Love your card!
Merry said…
What a fantastic take on this sketch. That ribbon down the side is beautiful too.
Shirley N said…
Fabulous take on the sketch Alice! Your apples look delicious!
Emily Leiphart said…
Wow, those apples look good enough to eat! The colours are so beautiful. I wish I had more distress inks to try this out. You're super at everything, Alice!
Stamping Cafe said…
What a gorgeous card, Alice! Love how you colors the apples... so yummy!! It's so cold this week, stay warm my friend! Hugs!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Wonderful coloring with your distress inks...I seem to never get the look I want when it comes to a 'watercolor' type of effect, need to practice more, love what you've done here!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Simply ADORABLE!!!!
Have a a fun-filled weekend Alice!
Anita Rex said…
Hi Alice!!! :> I love how inky you got with this card! I really enjoyed reading how you did it! It sounds like fun! And your card is soo beauitful! :> Love it!
Beate said…
Wonderful take on the sketch! Love your apple card.
Hugs and smiles
Clare said…
Love how you stamped the background, LOVE the fabulous tones on the apples, gorgeous card!!
1LuvnMama said…
Those apples are so yummy! Are they Fuji apples? They're my favorite . . . so crunchy! :) Luv your creations Alice!
yyam said…
How sweet is this! Love how you've colored the apples...they look delicious! ;)
Monika Reeck said…
I love to see your Apfel looks so delicious Alice....may I have one hihi :) nice card Alice...hugs
Jen Cuthbertson said…
I love your take on the sketch and those apples are gorgeous! Great job!
Sharon said…
What a lovely card, Alice. Your colouring is perfect. :D
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Very sweet... those apples look good enough to eat! I miss all my Mischief Makers! (sniff sniff)
Suzanne C said…
Yummy! Love the apples! Sweet card and take on the sketch!
Dana Gustafson said…
So sweet! Thanks so much for the WMSC36 inspiration!

Popular Posts