Mr. Slow Poke & Hot Air Balloon with I Need You

Happy Monday, all! Here are a couple of cards that I made using digital stamps from Jane's Doodles.


What? You didn't think that the cupcake would stay on his back without falling off, did you? I just thought that it would be safer to tie it up. I guess if worst comes to worst and he dropped it, he could always turn around and eat it. LOL!


I used the adorable Mr. Slow Poke and one of the cupcakes from the Cupcake Set for this card. Both images are available at Claudia & Company.


The patterned papers are from the Sweet Summertime collection by Echo Park and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


I used the yet to be release Hot Air Balloon for my second card. I adore the retro look they have! I colored the baskets with my Copic markers then connected the baskets and the balloons with thin crochet thread.


I paper pieced the balloons using papers from a digital kit called I Need You by Boutique Cute Doll. All the rest of the patterned papers are also from the same kit. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I'll keep you posted when this lovely digital stamp is released!



Here are the tags that I posted over at the poppystamps blog. Please hop over to find out more information. Thanks!

That's all for now. Hope your week is off to a great start!



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
for the "Mr. Slow Poke" card:
cardstock: (card base) Papertrey Ink, (for coloring) Neenah Classic Solar White
digital stamp: (Mr. Slow Poke, Cupcake Set) Jane's Doodles for Claudia & Company
sentiment stamp, buttons: Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: Echo Park
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
grass punch: Martha Stewart
markers: Copic
dies: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
card size: 5" x 3 1/2"


for the "Hot Air Balloon" card:
cardstock: (Hibiscus Burst) Papertrey Ink, (all other) Neenah Classic Solar White
digital stamp: (Hot Air Balloon) Jane's Doodles
sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink
digital kit: Boutique Cute Doll
ink: VersaFine Onyx black
markers: Copic
corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers
die: Spellbinder
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

Sparkplug17 said…
Such fabulous projects! I love your tags!
Rach said…
wow, these are just fantastic hun, awesome cards. hugs rachxx
Jane said…
LOOOOOOOOOOOVE them all! You are so creative and funny...the first card is to CUTE!!! LOVE how the turtle has the cupcake strapped to him!!!
yyam said…
Oh boy! Where to start? First of all, I would eat the cupcake rather than lug it around...;)

Love those hotair balloons! They are so pretty...

And those are THE cutest tags ever!!!
Dotty Jo said…
Saw these as a sneak peek over at Janes and had to drop by and leave a comment for you. Gorgeous - I especially love Mr Slowpoke and his cupcake! Jo x
Joy said…
Super cute creations Alice, love each and everyone of them, your colouring once again is outstanding, hugs!
Merry said…
Mr Slow Poke is so lovely and wonderful for a belated card. Love the way you tied on the cupcake. and love your bamboo tag with dragonflies.
Beate said…
Wow, wow, Wowww! The projects are all amazing! I LOVE your turtle card. The coloring is simply fantastic. The hot air balloon card is so soft and pretty and those tags look gorgeous!
Have a wonderful day sweet friend. Hugs and smiles
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Fabulous projects, love them all, especially those cute little tags.
Oh me ohmyhow fun to visit your blog and see all these fab cards! I love Mr. Snail with the cupcake strapped to his back! Brilliant! The hot air balloon is so classy!
~amy~ said…
BUSY girl...love everything! wow!
Dorcas said…
OMGoodness!! That turtle is TOO cute! You are so creative it kills me! Love it love it! ANd yuor other cards are very sweet too.:-)
Lin said…
How fun is Mr. Slow Poke and his cupcake! Love it, and of course the others are too cute, as usual!
BabyBokChoy said…
I love them all but of course the strapped on cupcake tops them all, awesome work Alice!
Ruth S said…
Great projects Alice! I especially love happy Mr Slow Poke with his yummy cupcake - fun idea! Thanks for sharing
sunghee said…
Genius!!! Love mr. slow poke carrying the cupcake. Cute idea!
Unknown said…
These are are so fab! I especially LOVE the turtle with cupcake! Too cute and fun!!
Virginia L. said…
Simply brilliant! I love them all! That Mr. Slow Poke card makes me smile :) Glad to be back to see your amazing work again! You so ROCK, Alice!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Okay Alice, I'm not sure where I should start. All of your projects are fantastic!! Your turtle card is too cute and funny. Love the little cupcake on his back. Your tags are adorable and the hot air balloon card is just GORGEOUS!! I love it.
Silli said…
wow girl, your ards and tags are sooo cute!
donna mikasa said…
Oh, my word...you are one little busy bee! LOVE all of your cards and tags! LOVE!! I'm always inspired when I see your Poppystamps work! I wish there were more hours in a day.....Have a great week, sweets!
TELMA GUEDES said…
Very beautiful! I love it! kisses from Sao Paulo, Brazil!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Love your creations, they always bring such a sweet smile to my face! I'm giddy with seeing that cupcake on the turtle's back, too cute!
Marlene said…
Cards AND tags today! What a treat!
Anita Rex said…
Hi Alice! Way to wow me today! I just love the cupcake on the turtles back! Tooooo cute! And love your hot air balloons, the pp is perfect and lovely!
Stamping Cafe said…
OMG... love your yummy cards and tags, Alice!! What can I say... you just ROCK!! Have a beautiful week, sweetie! Big hugs!!
Shirley N said…
I just don't know how you do it Alice! How can you come up so many beautiful creations in one day? You're soooo amazing!
Niki Estes said…
Your work is always so beautiful, Alice! I love how you tied that cupcake to the turtle's back. What a great idea!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Cute cute cute!!! Purely delicious Alice style!
Suzanne C said…
Adorable turtle carrying the cupcake! Love the hot air balloons and the asian tags are beautiful!

Popular Posts