Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #35

Happy Saturday! Thanks for joining me for a card for this week'sWaltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. First is the sketch:


Here is my take on it:


I made a tag this time. =) I cut a piece of vintage cream cardstock using the Labels 16 die from Spellbinders. Inked the piece with tattered rose distress ink using an ink blending tool with foam applicator while the paper was still in the die. I then stamped the beautiful ornate border from the Victorian Fripperie set using the same ink.


The apple basket is from the Peace and Plenty set and is colored with Copic markers. After cutting it out, I mounted it on a piece of circle cut using the Standard Circles Large die and inked with tattered rose ink.


The sentiment is from the Teeny Trees set and the seam binding is dyed with tattered rose as well.

You can use any stamps you want for the challenge, but we would love it if you can use Waltzingmouse Stamps! Please go to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog to see what the other Mischief Makers came up with and check out all the details for the challenge.

Hope you can join us this week!

Have a fabulous weekend, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
seam binding: Hug Snug
dies: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Comments

Pauline said…
Beautiful! Love the colouing and the little basket of apples look so fresh!
Karina Beck said…
This is very pretty.
Have a nice weekend.
Christine said…
So beautiful again!

Thanks for explaining yout steps - that is a wonderful inspiration ;)
Cathy Fongjoyo said…
What a yummy sweet thank you card! Love this one.love the colour combination.so soft!my fav,alice !

Cathy
Tyggereye said…
Adorable! I love the shape you used for the card and how you made it for the sketch.
Christine said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Allan said…
Such a special thank you!
Kelly Booth said…
So perfect....love the way you winked this...wonderful card! Love ya...have a perfect weekend.
Karen B. said…
Fun take on the sketch! Great soft colors mixed in with a few bright ones too.
Beate said…
Alice, that is beautiful. LOVE the shape, image and colors you chose. As always, your coloring keeps me staring at your creation.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles
Clare said…
This is SO pretty! I LOVE the soft colors, and the coloring of the basket! Such a sweet tag!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
That is just one super clever way to take that sketch, and it is a lovely and sweet one too!
Ruth S said…
Adorable colouring Alice!
Marlene said…
That is really pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Silli said…
Wonderful tag Alice, love the papers!
Julia Aston said…
A beautiful tag Alice! wonderful colors and your popped up apple shaker basket looks lovely!
Diane Jaquay said…
This is so sweet! I really love the image of the basket with apples. I don't have that stamp set but wish I did!
Emily Leiphart said…
This is amazing, Alice! I thought you put dp on the nestie. It's so beautifully done and I love the colours.
scrapn_momof2 said…
Such a pretty shape card!
Merry said…
Wonderful card...really like the shape you chose for your card...and to see how you used the sketch.
Sanne said…
What a cute card Alice - LOVE that beautiful shape!
Stamping Cafe said…
This is beautiful, Alice! Love the shape and your superb coloring as always! Hugs!!
donna mikasa said…
Such a gorgeous tag, Alice! Love your coloring on the basket and the delicate background...Perfection!! Hope you have a wonderful coloring Sunday!!
Unknown said…
Clean and simple....BEAUTIFUL!!
Jen Cuthbertson said…
What a pretty tag, Alice! I love that you made your own background and the coloring is perfect! Great job!
yyam said…
What a gorgeous creation! Love the background! Just sooooo pretty! :)
Pajalu said…
Alice the tag is amazing! I love how you can do distressing or use pp. I am always in awe. Thanks for the peek at my card, I so can't wait for the postie to bring it to me!!!! Thank you so much xoxoxoxo
Tiffany Ervin said…
Super cute! Love it when you work with your shaped nestie dies! Gives it such a fun twist to the design!
Sharon said…
Absolutely delicious! What a fab design. :D
Suzanne C said…
Sweet basket of delicious fruit!

Popular Posts