Leaf Prints & Little Bitty Bird

Happy Monday, all! Here are a couple of cards that I made last week or so, but never got the chance to share with you.


I made this card for the monthly challenge over at the Hero Arts blog. This month's challenge is love, friendship and the stamp kissing technique. I chose to go with the friendship theme with kissing.


I used the pretty leaves from the Leaf Prints set, inked them up then kissed them with the Friend Definition stamp. I lay die cut rectangles over the the kissed leaf spots on the Friend Definition stamp to get the leaf shaped text on each.


In order to give them a little more definition, I inked up the same leaf stamps, stamped off the first impressions on a piece of scratch paper and stamped the second impressions over the leaf shaped text. Hope I am making sense explaining this. =) The sentiment came with the Leaf Prints set.


I got this adorable Little Bitty Bird set by Papertrey Ink when it first came out, but never got the chance to play with it. I had this card idea the other day, so here it is.


It's coloring on kraft! It's been a while since I have done this and I am hoping to do this more!


Just a simple design using some scraps. The little bird is popped on a foam adhesive.


Also, This is the card that I posted over at the poppystamps blog. Please click here to find out more about it.

That's all for today. Hope your week is off to a fabulous start, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
for the "Leaf Prints" card:
cardstock, buttons, inks: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Hero Arts
die: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
card size: 5" x 3 1/2"


for the "Little Bitty Bird" card:
cardstock, stamps, patterned paper, ink, dies: Papertrey Ink
markers: Copic
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

Maria Therese said…
Oh these are gorgeous! I just love how you make cards with little on amazing and stunning! These are perfect!
Jane said…
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them all!!!!
Pajalu said…
I'm with Jane Loooooooooooooooooooooove them all!!! I had to pick my jaw up off the ground. I especially love the kraft card. You rock!!!
Ruth S said…
Love your cards Alice. It's those little details that really make your cards extra impressive ;)
Tyggereye said…
Wow that first card is amazing! I need to try out that kissing technique in stamping more.
Marlene said…
Deliciously done on kraft! YUM!
Christine said…
Very very beautiful!

I love especially the first and the secon one. The bird and the hart are really cute. Ans i love the colors!

Ho did you do ne Text/Leaf-combi on the first one?
BabyBokChoy said…
These are so brilliant, I love the soft colors, beautifully done!
alexandra s.m. said…
These are absolutely stunning Alice!!
I can't stop admiring them!!
Stamping Cafe said…
Gorgeous cards, Alice!! Love all the beautiful colors on kraft, you ROCK girl! Hugs!!
Anita Rex said…
Alice I think your leaf card is like the card patterns sketch for this week if I remember right! Go enter it! LOL I think I understand how you did the kissing. You stamped the leaf with color than stamped it on the friends def, than place the rectangle on it, than inked again the leaf on the rectangle over the friends def? I had tried kissing with the leaves but it didn't work for me! I guess this is a way to do it! Also love your birdy on kraft! :>
Tiffany Ervin said…
Love them all Alice! I really love how clean and elegant your first one is, the buttons are perfectly placed too!
Shirley N said…
So many little details on each card that make them all a beautiful "Alice" design. Love the kissing technique/buttons on the first, the cute birdie, hearts, sentiment at the top on the second, and your design and lace on the third. Beautiful cards Alice!!!
Sue McRae said…
All fabulous cards Alice, I especially like your CAS leaf card!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Wonderful cards Alice, such clean and yet stunning work, I have that little birdie from PTI and have no ink on them yet, you have inspired me to get into my craft room and start working on them, thanks for the inspiration!
Diane Jaquay said…
Super card Alice, ALL of them! I really love the leaves on the first one :)
donna mikasa said…
Hi Alice!! Happy Prez's Day!! Love, love, love ALL of your cards! The kissing, the coloring on kraft and the Poppystamps one is collage cuteness! Love the watercolored background! Thanks for stopping by twice! for a visit! You're so sweet! Smooches!!
Silli said…
so very pretty cards!!!
Beate said…
Alice, all three cards are gorgeous. I LOVE the leave cards with one button on each panel. That's just genius.
The second card is just too cute and the third happy and fun.

Hugs and smiles
1LuvnMama said…
OH you've been quite busy Alice! Luv all your creations here . . . the kissing card to the itty bitty bird to the watercolored background card! You total amaze me!
sunghee said…
you are a great kisser! Heehee. I have a hard time using stamp kissing technique, and love how your card turned out. I agree! coloring on kraft looks so great. But, of course it is because you did it.
Suzanne C said…
Wonderful set of cards. Love the various styles. The poppy stamps card is gorgeous in the distressing and the itty bitty is super tweet! LOVE the leaf prints and the clean design.
Agata said…
They are all so beautiful! I love it when you play with stamps! The first card is simply amazing!
Merry said…
So so wonderful. Love how you have used the kissing technique...never tried that, it's now on my list.
scrapn_momof2 said…
I love both cards Alice. You make the simple card so elegant and amazing!
So pretty, Alice. I am so behind on my Google Reader. Hope to catch up to you soon!
Cindy Lyles said…
All so beautiful - I absolutely adore the HA leaves with the dictionary print - exquisite and so peaceful!!

Popular Posts