getting inky again...


I made a couple of cards for Hero Arts' new month-long challenge. The theme for January is Friendship & Valentine's.

I was looking for my mojo last Monday and decided to play with alcohol inks again for a change. I mixed Red Pepper and Butterscotch to get this lovely peachy color for the backgrounds. I also used VersaMark on both Flourish Background and the Heart Flourish and stamped them when the alcohol ink was still wet to get the resist look.

After making some backgrounds, I decided to use the leftover ink on my applicator as my ink pad and stamped the heart from the Hugs and Hearts clear set with it. I love the water color-y result!

I was going to play along with Lucy's Monochromatic challenge using this card, but I forgot that I actually have to post this and link it to Lucy's Mr. Linky before the deadline... Sorry girl, I'll try and make it in time next time! =)

I am also going to send these cards to Jennifer McGuire's current card drive - Cards For Kids. Please click on the link to see how you can make some kids and their families smile with your cards! =)



Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock, ribbon: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Hero Arts
inks: VersaMark, Perfect Match by Papertrey Ink, Adirondack Alcohol Ink by Ranger
punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars
die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight
embossing folder, die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Courtney Baker said…
Oh I love these, such great cards!
Kelly Booth said…
So Pretty Alice....the color is just Wonderful....Love these!
CinnamonSally said…
Such pretty cards Alice, love the soft colours.
Deirdre said…
Stunning, love them.
Stamping Cafe said…
These are amazing, Alice! Love the colors!!
donna mikasa said…
LOVE your alcohol ink backgrounds! Gorgeous Valentines for a great cause....
Jill said…
I love these backgrounds and the colors are spectacular!
Dotty Jo said…
Fabulous use of colour Alice! Now I know that I simply HAVE to order that flourish background stamp as soon as I get paid! Jo x
Virginia L. said…
Love your inky cards, especially the monocromatic one! Awesome!!
Maylee said…
Love these Alice! Reminds of yummy sorbet.
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Hi Alice! Wow, I'm loving the watercolor effect you achieved here. I'm tempted to pull out my Alcohol inks and give it a whirl! Lovely work, as always, dear girl.
Lin said…
Beautiful cards, Alice!! Love your mix of some textures into the stamping!
Vanessa said…
Love them! They look so yummy! You did so well with the alcohol inks!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Suzanne C said…
Gorgeous backgrounds and love the technique. The design of each of the cards is so elegant and lovely!
~amy~ said…
Love them Alice!!!

Popular Posts