Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #98

Hello everyone! Just a very quick card for this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. First the sketch:

Here is my card:

I used the super cute flower image from Nina's new stamp set Heartily Yours. I adore those whimsical flowers! =)

Well, I only had a day to work on this card and I don't love how it came out. I wish I had used a better color combination for the flower panel... arg... What do you think? Please let me know what you think about it and any suggestion to make it better is welcomed! Just to make myself feel better, I think I'll use this same sketch and the same stamp set to make another card in the next few days... (sorry, Nina!)

That's all I have for now. Don't forget to check out what all the other members of the TESC Sketch Crew came up with for this sketch!! Here are the links:



Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock, patterned paper, buttons, ribbon: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Heartily Yours by Nina Brackett for Gina K. Design
inks: Close To My Heart, Memento
punches: Martha Stewart (border), Fiskars (corner rounder)
string: DMC
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One
embossing folder, die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Tiffany Ervin said…
I'm getting the feeling you never sleep or eat! LOL...always a wonderful and treasured find whenever I hop onto your blog!! Wow, love this red and white card, such a pop of color Alice! Lovee that polka dotted paper, yummy! Hope you are well!
Deirdre said…
Alice, I love your card.... maybe a green button to pick up the green in the pp?!! But to be honest I think it's an amazing card as always! Love that ms punch... on my must buy list but my LSS hasn't got it in stock yet.
CinnamonSally said…
Alice this is a great card, love the polka dot paper and loopy border. Very, very pretty.
Sanne said…
Quick but yet beautiful!
Enjoy your weekend!
Virginia L. said…
I agree with Tiff! Do you even sleep or eat??? Love your perfect placement of colors and design! You are simply INCREDIBLE!!!! Have a great weekend, my friend :)
Maylee said…
I agree with Tiff and Virginia! LOL...

What's not to love about this card, it's beautiful! I see you got the loopy loop punch! When you feel the need to eat lunch...email me, I'll pick you up, we're just a skip and hop away! : )
Dotty Jo said…
To be honest Alice I really like it as it is! You could swap the ink for something darker, nearer the red of your cardstock or go the other way... lighter ink to match with your buttons, or green to pick up those sweet polka dots? It's beautiful whatever! Jo x
Sherrie said…
Love that sweet border punch on that paper Alice! So cute...and the added touch of those pink buttons is adorable!
NinaB said…
It's simply adorable, Alice. I wouldn't change a thing. I love that color combo, but if you insist on making another card with the same sketch and stamps, I wouldn't complain (wink).
Anita Rex said…
Alice I really like this card, but if you really want to try it again maybe leave everything the same but change the ribbon to green to match the polka dots. Or maybe change the color of the ink on the flowers to light pink or green to match the dots. I agree I wonder if you eat or sleep! Maybe your just a fast cardmaker? I hope you aren't upset I did offer some advice!
Pajalu said…
Hi Alice, I like your card the way it is. How about adding a touch of colour to the flowers to match the polka dots? Either way I think this is one very beautiful card :D xoxoxoxo
Kelly Booth said…
Such a cute Card Alice...don't you just LOVe that Loopy Punch??
Monika/Buzsy said…
Very pretty Alica... love your take on the sketch... great border punch! TFS!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Alice, I don't think you could make a bad card if you tried! It's adorable! If you want to see some bad artwork, go look at my post today and yesterday. P-U!
Stamping Cafe said…
Beautiful card, Alice! Love the sketch and love your card! Yummy colors!

Have a beautiful weekend!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful card! Love the colors and I think it works wonderfully!
Barbara said…
The border puch and ribbon and such beautiful touches to this already lovely card! I think it's very pretty!
:-)
Lea L. said…
This is so pretty! I love the little button bits in the corner!! Great job with the sketch!

♥Lea
Natalie said…
The colors are perfect, I don't know why you don't care for it? Very sweet and you've created a beautiful card with this sketch!
Unknown said…
It's a beautiful card!!!!
you have a great job in your blog
Elisa said…
It's beautiful Alice
I love the punch border.
Elisa

Popular Posts