January


I made this card using Jen Martakis' new digital kit - January. I used the tan solid paper from the kit and stamped Hero Arts digital Old Letter Writing on it with a 35% opacity. Before I printed it out, I resized and arranged those pretty scattered beads that came with Jen's kit on it.

The tag is also from the January kit and the sentiment is white-embossed with a Hero Arts stamp. I colored the cling butterfly from Hero Arts Butterflies cling set. I got this set a long time ago, but I never liked the way I colored it... This is one of the ok ones... I'll keep working on coloring this beauty until I am completely satisfied with it...

Please visit Two Peas for the newest digital releases!


Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstock: Bazzill, Neenah Solar White
digital kit: January by Jen Martakis for Two Peas In A Bucket, Hero Arts Digital
stamps: Hero Arts
inks: Memento, VersaMark
twine: Papertrey Ink
pearls: Recollections
die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug
other: embossing powder

Comments

Diana said…
FANTASTIC design. Love the background text! Doing Project 365 over at my blog. Check it out!
Lin said…
So bright and cheery to find this this morning! Love the way you colored the butterfly!
~amy~ said…
Alice, such a sweet card...love the pop of color from that gorgeous butterfly!
Anita Rex said…
Such a cute desgin! Love the beads! I know what you mean about the butterfly clings. I have it too for a while, I love it but it's quite hard to color! I am trying to make some cards with it but it's not going well!
Kryssi said…
I hope you checked the Hero blog today!!!
Jane said…
You are on FIRE!!!! That's all I'm going to say!
Maile Belles said…
Congrats on your fabulous news over at Hero Arts!!! Gorgeous card by the way!
Dotty Jo said…
Gorgeous card alice, and BIG congrats about your brilliant Hero Arts news! Jo x
Jill said…
Love that vibrant, bright butterfly! Congrats again on HA announcement today!!
Amy said…
The card looks amazing, Alice! You're so talented, and I love the butterfly!
Maylee said…
It's beautiful Alice! I just bought that butterfly cling set.

Congrats on the HA win-a-day!
NinaB said…
I was jumping for joy for you when I saw your name on the HA blog today. Congratulations! You are so deserving of that honor. I can't wait to see your day on the blog.
Pajalu said…
Congratulations on winning a day on the HA blog :D, I'm so happy for you!!! Your card is very pretty. Wishing you all the very best for 2010 xoxoxoxo
Anonymous said…
Congratulations Alice!!!! Happy happy for you!!!! This is a great start of 2010! wooo-hooooo!!!!
Tiffany Ervin said…
I LOVE that old letter writing paired together with the digi paper, wow, so stunning and I think you did great on your butterfly!

Congrats, sweetie on your announcement over at HA!! Whoohooo! So happy for you!
Vanessa said…
Lovely card, Alice! Even my husband loves your coloring on the butterfly! Congrats again on winning a day on the blog!!! Still hopping around here :)

Hugs,
Vanessa
Suzanne C said…
Very very pretty! Congrats on your day on the blog! Tami is such a sweetheart and you both are going to have so much fun!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
You amaze me even more with your digi work!

Popular Posts