Uru and...

I finally did a little altering of this super lovely stamp from Whiff Of Joy called Uru and Bird. Well, it's Uru and Heart Flowers now! =)

I tried Amy's technique of altering that she posted at Club Anya & Friends. I tried to ink as little of the birdhouse part of the stamp as possible. After wiping off the little bird and the holly that was hanging from Uru's hat, I then added the heart flowers. It was really easy to do! Thank you so much for the tips, Amy!!

Whiff Of Joy Stamps is also having a Guest Designer Call right now. So please hop over and check out how you can participate if you are interested! I made my card using the sketch provided for the guest designer call. Only I mirrored the sketch to fit my image. Here is the sketch:

That's all I have for today. Hope you have a beautiful Wednesday!


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Whiff Of Joy Stamps, Hero Arts (sentiment)
inks: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
patterned paper: BasicGrey
ribbon, buttons: Papertrey Ink
border punch: Fiskars
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug
black pen: Copic Multiliner
Copics used: E01, E00, E000, E93, R24, R22, RV42, E35, E33, E31, E59, E57, E55

Comments

Janetcraft said…
It 's a beautiful technique. I like the sentiment and the colors are put together. Love the color combo of yellow, brown and slight pinkish. The pattern papers are really matches one another.
NinaB said…
I love this as I love every easel card you've made, Alice. And I got happy mail today from one talented cardmaker! Thank you for the beautiful card. I esp love it because it has my friend Jane's image on it.
CinnamonSally said…
Lovely card Alice and love the way you have altered it to suit you need.
Jenyfur said…
This is fantastic! Totally makes me smile. What a great take on the sketch.
~amy~ said…
sweet alice...I love the colors and the design...I love those easel cards...gotta try making one:)
Virginia L. said…
Love your little heart flower hat!! A little says so much! You are an A+ student, that's for sure! Great take on the sketch...I learn tons here today :)
Tiffany Ervin said…
Love all the fun mix of colors you've put together on this card Alice!!
donna mikasa said…
Great altering, Alice!! Love "Uru and Heart Flowers"! Maybe WoJ will make that into a real stamp?? I love it!!! I'm rooting for you as GD! Go, Alice, go!!!!!!!!
Sanne said…
This is such a clever design Alice I´m in aweeeeeeeee
Dotty Jo said…
Totally wonderful Alice! Jo x
Jane said…
this card is just MAGICAL! love it!
Anita Rex said…
Alice whata sweet card! Love the way you added heart flowers instead of the bird!:> Love your easel cards!
Kelly Booth said…
I bet you get the Guest D...position!! you rock at these...this one is just Adorable as they always are!!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Every time I visit your blog, I end up spending money Alice! I've had my eye on the Uru stamps, and now you've got me convinced!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you win the Guest DT spot... they couldn't ask for better than you!
MicheyMoo said…
Oooooh Alice....what a gorgeous image you've created here!! I love it......I so loved Uru and Wee and was bummed to have missed out on them before Christmas.
Beautiful papers as well and I love the easel card.
Hugs. xxx
Amy said…
Awww... I just love how you've altered little Uru into a Valentine's image, it's wonderful! And good luck on the GDT spot, you would be a perfect fit! :)
Jill said…
Love the heart bouquet!
Katharina Frei said…
A wonderful card! Thanks for participating in the GD Call!
Katharina x
ivy said…
you are truly talented alice! you can do any style stamp & images!
Andrea said…
Lovely card - and what a great technique - it has worked so well for your card! Love the papers you have used.
Good luck with your GD entry.
Love, Andrea xx
Suzanne C said…
Love the Whiff of Joy stamps and love this card! The patterns and coloring is so pretty!
Stempeltiger said…
Such a beautiful card!!!
I love the colouring, the papers and the cute image. The heart-flowers are gorgeous.
Congratulations
Hugs, Swantje

Popular Posts