no embellishments??!!

I posted for the first time as a DT member of The Hybrid Chick on Wednesday. Please hop over and check out my project here if you are interested! =) On to my card today.

I made this card for the "No Embellishments" challenge over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog.

It was very difficult to keep myself from adding any ribbon or buttons... This was a real challenge to me. Oh no! Does Flower Soft count as a type of embellishment? I hope not!!!

I again inked up Antoinette. She is just so delightful and fun to color! I also used sketch #87 from Sketch Saturday. The yummy patterned paper that I used is from My Mind's Eye's Be Loved collection.

That's all I have for today. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! =)


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
ink: Memento
punch: Martha Stewart
dies: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Labels Trio, QuicKutz (photo corners)
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug
other: Flower Soft
Copics used:
skin tone: E01, E00, E000, E93
dress: R29, R24, R22, RV42, R20
scarf: BG32, BG11, BG10, R22, RV42, R20
skates: E21, E50, C1, C00
hair: E97, Y21, Y11

Comments

~amy~ said…
Such a darling card...no embellies, now that IS a challenge...
Pajalu said…
This is so lovely. I don't think I could do such a wonderful job without embelies xoxoxoxo
Kraftin' Kimmie said…
How adorable, Alice!! Antoinette looks fantastic and great job with the sketch too! Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!
NinaB said…
Beautiful! Your coloring is just pure perfection, no need for embellies! :-)
Virginia L. said…
The colors and style require no embellishments on this one! Fantastic for the challenge!
Tiffany Ervin said…
It's perfect! And yes, it is hard to do a card with no embellishments sometimes! I love the whimsy and magic you've put into this card!
CinnamonSally said…
Lovely card Alice, I love using embellishments so quite a hard challenge.
Kelly Booth said…
She is so Cute Alice...i just Love your Creations!!
donna mikasa said…
Super cute! I didn't notice any "no embellishments" because you made Antoinette shine! And I love your Hybrid Chick projects, especially that pillow box!
Sanne said…
Lovely card Alice...amazing mix of PP and I love your little green corners! Nice detail!
Stamping Cafe said…
This is awesome, Alice!! Only you can pull it off, I don't think I can make a card without embellishments! Love it! You ROCK!!
Jill said…
Love the warm colors on this card and its just fantastic without embellishments! Your beautiful coloring really shines!!
Maylee said…
This is so pretty Alice! I didn't even miss the embellies...your coloring is mesmerizing!
Tracey said…
Awesome Alice....that is your new offical name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I don't think I could do "no embs" way to go Alice :)
Rachel Hope said…
So pretty!!!! I think Flower soft IS an embellie, but we won't tell! ;) LOL
Deirdre said…
Alice, she is just ADORABLE... love the card and the pp's. Off to check out your wednesday posting now.
Suzanne C said…
Adorable! Love the design and the flowersoft was a perfect touch!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
I LOVE Kraftin Kimmie stamps! Your coloring and design and spectacular, as always, Alice!

Popular Posts