Piper

Happy Hump day everyone! Hope your week has been wonderful! Here is a card I made using the sketch from CAARDvarks's first challenge of the year. I have to say, this sketch really kicked my butt... It took me a very loooooong time to come up with this card...

This cute lady is Piper from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Isn't she cute? I adore her outfit, especially that big puffy skirt! =) I think this card also qualifies for the "Heavy Metal" challenge over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog. I have had these itty-bitty brads from Close To My Heart in my stash for a little while and finally got to use them.

The challenge over at Quixotic Challenges is "Hot Chocolate" and I think Piper is drinking hot chocolate! =) Hopefully I am in time for this challenge.

Special thanks to the sweetest Donna for this yummy Early Bird Mini Deck pp!! I love it and you know I love ya, girl!! =)

That's it for today. I am hoping to see you back here tomorrow!


Thanks for stopping by!


Edited: Okay, I missed the Quixotic challenge by 24 minutes... =(


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (Thank you, Donna!!!)
brads: Close To My Heart
ribbon: Papertrey Ink
border punch: Martha Stewart
die: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Labels Trio
die cutting maching: Cuttlebug
Copic used:
skin tone: E01, E00, E000, E93
outfit, boots: E35, E21, E50, R22, RV42, R11, E33, E31
hair: E97, Y21, Y13
mugs: E39, E35, E33, E31, E59, E57, R22, RV42, R11

Comments

Milliesmarvels said…
Adorable card! Shame you missed the Quixotic Challenge :-(
Jane
x
~amy~ said…
oh man....can't believe you missed the challenge by only 24 minutes?? dang....because this is stinkin' adorable! You know how much I love Cosmo Cricket....love the placement of the brads and that kraftin' kimmie image is tooooooo fun!
Kraftin' Kimmie said…
Oh wow! This is such a cute design, Alice!! Love the layout, papers and of course those brads! And what a perfect touch with the coffee cup on the sentiment! thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!
Lin said…
Love your take on the sketch, Alice! And Piper is a cutie! Really fun card!
Dotty Jo said…
Love your card Alice, what a fabulous take on the Caardvarks sketch! Kraftin' Kimmie images are such fun and I love how you coloured her! Jo x
Holly Young said…
Love the colors and the border you punched at the bottom. The little cup by the sentiment is sweet too!
Sanne said…
Shame you missede the challenge. This is such a sweet card and I really like the PP - lovely colors!
donna mikasa said…
Oh no! 24 minutes??? We need to get you a calendar/clock that gives you a little shock 24 minutes BEFORE a deadline! This card is tooooo cute! Love Piper and the CC papers--what a great match! Love ya, too!
Tiffany Ervin said…
So cute, I love the little mug daintily sitting off to the side, lovely touch!
Maylee said…
So adorable Alice! Love the paper you've used.
Jane said…
I ALWAYS miss challenges!!! And I have to say my mojo has left the building!!! I just want to SLEEP....and I have been fighting it but I think sleep is going to win!!
LOVE this card!
Barbara said…
Oh no, sorry you missed the challenge! I am in love with this card! I love your girl and the cup is such a great touch!
:-)
Lucy Abrams said…
Oh this is so adorable. Love your floating sentiment and little cup of coffee. Sweet card Alice.
Kelly Booth said…
So Cute....Love this sweet card!
Jill said…
She is so cute! I just love how you match up your stamps and coloring with the PERFECT pp!!
Tara Godfrey said…
h Piper is such a cutie patootie, Alice! You've coloured her beautifully and I love that you used her accessory stamp too! Great sentiment and love those fab papers...your "heavy Metal" brads are the perfect finishing touch!
Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!
Hugs,t and The Krafty Girls
Amy said…
I wasn't sure about Piper, but seeing her 'ala Alice' I like her! Love the colors and those papers (Donna is the sweetest person I know)
and the added cup on the sentiment is so clever! Perfectly brilliant!
Nancy said…
Such an adorable interpretation on the sketch. I love Piper. Her expression is so cute and you have captured her personality in your card!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
You'd never know the sketch was a challenge for you Alice... your card is perfect! I love that stamp, too. So cute! And it's paired perfectly with that DP. Excellent!
Anette H said…
How adorable, Alice, love this card!!!
Vanessa said…
Sorry you missed the challenge! This card is adorable! Loove it!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Virginia L. said…
Love this FUN and CUTE card, Alice! I can admire it for a long time...so many lovely elements in one. Truly work of art!
Suzanne C said…
Love the colors on the card and beauituful coloring on Piper! She is adorable.
Anonymous said…
Such a lovely card!

Popular Posts