Sunday Kind of Love

Happy Sunday everyone! I am here to share a couple of cards made using this week's new digital releases at Two Peas.

Michelle Underwood's Sunday Kind Of Love (love the romantic name for the kit!) is such a sweet kit! The background, bird, birdhouse, the little heart and the "love" block are from her lovely kit. I paired them with a label from Shimelle Laine's Write It Down: Aged Labels kit.

I hand cut the tree branch from a pattered paper from Michelle's kit. I know my handwriting almost destroyed the card. I'll be careful not to make that mistake again... =)

I borrowed Michelle's bird and heart as the finishing touches for this card using patterned papers from Shimelle Laine's Can't Buy Me Love kit. Don't they just work perfectly together?

I sponged some Worn Lipstick on the edges of the pale pink background, the bird and the heart. After cutting the hills from Shimelle's blue patterned paper using decorative scissors, I sponged them with some Shabby Shutters.

That's all for today! Don't forget to check out this week's new digital releases at Two Peas!


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
digital kits: Sunday Kind of Love by Michelle Underwood at Two Peas In A Bucket, Can't Buy Me Love and Write It Down: Aged Labels by Shimelle Laine at Two Peas In A Bucket
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
button: Papertrey Ink
corner rounder, decorative scissors: Fiskarts
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Diana said…
Very love cards Alice. I always love to visit!
Suzanne C said…
These are both so adorable! You are so good at mixing the patterns together. The bird of note music is so sweet!
Pajalu said…
If my handwriting is half as good as yours I'd be happy - honestly I can't even read mine some days ;). Your cards are beautiful as always xoxoxo
Dotty Jo said…
Sooooo cute Alice, great showcase for those digi kits! I am off to take a look as I have been looking for a nice music paper for some while now! Happy Sunday, Jo x
Nancy said…
These are all so sweet! I think your handwriting looks just fine too. I especially love the adorable little birds!
Lucy Abrams said…
Adorable cards Alice. Love the sweet birds.
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oooh, sooo sweet, just darling, I love them both so much, the birds just sing with happiness!
Unknown said…
So SWEET! LOVE them!!
donna mikasa said…
Soooooo adorable! Love how you combined different kits! That birdie on text is my favorite......uh-oh....you bad enabler!!
Kim said…
I just love the way you make your cards. I cant waith to see your next.
Kim
Sanne said…
love your birdie cards Alice - great designs!
Unknown said…
lovely cards!!!
I like the sweet birds
Deirdre said…
Alice, congrats on your featured "tree" card over on the CARDS blog...woohoo for you.
Virginia L. said…
These look FABULOUS! Love both of your cards with all the digital images and paper! I actually thought your handwriting was part of the image! nothing wrong with it :)
Jill said…
Love both of the little scenes you've created! So tweet, I mean sweet! :)
Fika said…
Oh Alice, I never thought it was your handwriting, it looks like stamped sentiment.. and i really love your birdie's cards.. both of them are soo cutee!!
Shirley N said…
Congrats on becoming Whiff of Joy's Guest Designer! I read about you there and now I am a follower of your beautiful and inspiring blog. Love your work!
Vanessa said…
Super beautiful cards, Alice!! Love them both!! You so rock! Any stamps arrived yet?

Hugs,
Vanessa
Monika Reeck said…
Alice...very adorable cards...Love them both too....you always make a happy card Alice...I think you must be a happy people am I right hehe...just come back to Germany and just see your blog....and congrats for your WIN A DAY...

hugs
Monika
Kryssi said…
wow, i love it!!! these cards are just stunning!

Popular Posts