Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #96

Happy New Year my friends!!! It's 2010, officially! My best wishes to you for the new year!

Thanks for stopping by for another sample card for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:

I again used an image from Pink Petticoat's whimsical Chirp Up digital set. The sentiment came with this image.

And it being the first day of 2010, I decided to make a card that celebrates this special day, too!

Yes! It's the adorable Annie! She must be one of the most delightful stamp characters that I know! You can find more of Annie stamps at Sugar Nellie. Sorry that my close-up of Annie is a little fuzzy... DH said that she is "drunk." LOL!!

I think her big bottle of champagne is perfect for the New Year celebration! I added some Diamond Stickles to the bubbles so that they look a little more festive. =)

Well, that's all I have for now. Don't forget to check out what all the other members of the TESC Sketch Crew came up with for this sketch!! Here are the links:


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
for "Chirp Up" card:
cardstock, buttons: Papertrey Ink
stamp: Pink Petticoat
patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket
markers: Copic
white gel pen: Uni-ball Signo
corner rounder: Fiskars
die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large

for "Annie" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Sugar Nellie, Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: Memories Box
ink: Memento
ribbon: Maya Road
gems: Hero Arts
corner rounder: Fiskars
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, Classic Ovals Small, Classic Scalloped Ovals Small, Labels Trio
Copics used:
skin tone: E01, E00, E000, E93
top, stocking: Y26, Y21, Y11
skirt, boots, flower: R29, R24, R22, Y26, Y21, Y11
hair: C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, C00
champagne: G99, G82, G40, G20

Comments

Monika/Buzsy said…
Happy New Year Alice! I love these cards... great colors and cuper cute images. Love those buttons. :o)
Sherrie said…
I am so glad I came to your site to see BOTH of these beauties! I love how you flipped the sketch on the first one...and the images are so stinkin' cute! Have a very Happy New Year!
Jill said…
Happy New Year! I love your cards for today! Your colors are fantastic! I love the design of the second card-- the half circle behind the scalloped oval is so eye-catching! You are amazing!!!
Jami said…
Both of your cards are sooooo CUTE! Love the sketch flipped sideways AND I really love that little Annie! Happy New Year!
Darling Alice! I gotta get me some of those Pink Petticoat digi stamps. All your cards are just too cute!
:) Rachel
Dotty Jo said…
These are so lovely Alice! I adore those Pink Petticoat birds and little 'fuzzy' Annie is lovely too! Jo x
Godelieve said…
Happy 2010!! Your cards are really adorable!
Vanessa said…
Happy New Year, Alice!!! Love these cards, I am always amazed how well you combine patterns and colors! Gorgeous!

Hugs,
Vanessa
donna mikasa said…
Happy New Year! Love both of your cards--you always rock the sketches and I love the colors you choose!
Teri said…
Love your card, Annie is so cute! Happy New Year!
Barbara said…
These are incredible Alice! I love that you got 2 completely different (and entirely awesome) cards from this one sketch.I am in love with your tipsy girl and the bird cages are so pretty! I really love your colour combinations and your colouring!
:-)
Julie Ranae said…
Alice ~ Wishing you a very Happy New Year from Julie's Open Window and The Play Date Cafe!

Hope you will play along with us in The Cafe again soon AND stop by The Open Window for a fabulous giveaway going on for the new year!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Happy New Year sweet Alice! I always enjoy my trips to Alice's Little Wonderland! Both of your card are soooo cute! I think I NEED that digi set (haha)!

Now on to see what else I've missed lately...
Pia said…
Happy New Year Alice! Gorgeouos take on the sketch - just love those colors!
Thank you so much for all the wonderful inspiration in 2009 and your sweet comments on my blog. I love your style - you are such a talented lady. Hugs, Pia
Kathy said…
Anne has been drinking a little to much fizzy huh?? Love your take on the sketch and the Anne girl is so beautiful and adorable...now I'm going to hanker for these stamps. Hugs to you sista in 2010 so happy that we have each other!!
Lynn Mercurio said…
Both of these creations are just fantastic Alice. What great color selections and the embellishment and little design features really make these stand out! Happy New Year!
~amy~ said…
darling...I'm a smidge behind on my google reader:) Love your annie card...soooooo cute!!
Amy said…
Love your take on the sketch, I like it even better on it's side and those birds are too cute! And of course the New Year's card is perfect!
Happy New Year Alice!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh my gosh, I just can't tell you how adorable the 3 cages are with the birds, super cute, I love it! And love your little girl too! She really is celebrating in style! ;)
Suzanne C said…
Love both cards but the little girl with the champagne is my favorite because you have such a way with the colored images and adorable designs!

Popular Posts