Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #45

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Well, I'll probably be watching the big game solely for the commercials. LOL! Weird? I was an Advertising major in college and the Super Bowl ads are the ones to watch as I was taught. I mean those big companies spend big bucks to get the spots, so they better get some awesome ads made to get their money's worth!! =)

On to my card for this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge. This week's inspiration was suggested by a reader - Lori King! She has a pretty awesome blog, so please hop over and say hi to her! Here is the photo she provided:

I would never be able to eat that cupcake! So much work was put into making it. Here is my card inspired by this photo:

As soon as I saw Lori's photo, I knew that I had to use this Gorjuss Girl stamp for my card!

The cat is just purrfect for it, don't you think?

I also used purple from the photo to color Gorjess Girl's outfit and the base color of my card. You can find more adorable Gorjuss Girl stamps at Sugar Nellie Stamps.

That's all I have for today. Don't forget to go and check out what other HSE Sweeties came up with! Here are the links:

Please go to Rachel's blog to find out how you can join us in this delicious challenge!



Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Sugar Nellie Stamps, Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: Memories Box
ink: Memento
flowers: Prima
brad: Imaginisce
leaf punch: Martha Stewart
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug
Copics used:
skin tone: E01, E00, E000, E93
dress, shoes: V17, V15, V12, V000
stocking: Y26, Y21, Y13, Y11
hair: E29, E25, E53
cat: E08, E97, YR12, YR00, C5, Y17, E39, E09, E95

Comments

Pajalu said…
Hi Alice :D I love your take on the cupcake challenge. I think the girl & kitty are so sweet. Good luck with the challenge.

As for the versamark pen I found it really useful for touch ups where the stamp & paper haven't quiet gotten together properly. Also for embossing only certain parts of stamped images. Hope that helps xoxoxoxoxoxo
Dotty Jo said…
Sooooooooo cute Alice, I just love this little girl and her sweet furry friend. Love the flowers and leaves, just beautiful! Jo x
Teresa Kline said…
wow, your coloring is amazing...great job and welcome aboard!

enjoy *~*
Kristen said…
Such a cute card. I love your take on the challenge. Great card!
Colleen Wold said…
Such a sweet card! Your coloring is gorgeous!
CinnamonSally said…
Love your cute card Alice, the colours are lovely and your colouring amazing.
Ida said…
What a cute card. I love the images (being a cat lover who could resist such a sweet kitty image). Beautiful coloring.
WOW! Alice, this is amazing. I love the layout, your coloring and that gorguss Sprout PP!! I am so glad you accepted our invitation to join the team -you are such a talent!!
Anita Rex said…
So cute Alice! Love that colour combo and your coloring is always sooooo amazing! I don't think I could eat that cupcake either! It's like a mini cake!
Jill said…
LOVE her purple dress and yellow tights! This card could not be any cuter!!
Amy said…
She is the perfect stamp for this challenge! Awesome coloring Alice, and design...such a beautiful card!
Virginia L. said…
What a SWEET card, Alice! My heart just melt when I see it...PS: I only watch the Super bowl commercial as there are always so much hype about them. So you are not alone :)
Piali said…
Sweet card Alice!!! love your coloring..and your take on this week's challenge.
donna mikasa said…
Oh, she's so adorable! Like you and Jamie....when when your hair was longer....Such a gorgeous card, Alice! Love, love, love it!!
~amy~ said…
Simply darling Alice!!
Rachel Hope said…
So adorable!!! Love that image! So glad to have you on the team!!!
Teri said…
Super sweet Alice! Your card is so pretty as usual!!
Stamping Cafe said…
Rocking card, Alice! You are so good with all the challenges, love it!!
NinaB said…
What a yummy cupcake, but even yummier card! It's so cute.
Tiffany Ervin said…
The colors on this are soooo bold, I love it Alice!
Suzanne C said…
What an adorable card. Love the touches of lavendar on the card!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Awwwwww... how cute! And you know I'm loving the little kitty!

Popular Posts