Shopping Willow

I made this card using Shopping Willow from the new City Girl collection illustrated by Elisabeth Bell.

I paired Willow with the beautiful Porcelain collection from BasicGrey. Inspired by Rachel's card here, I cut the tops of the shopping bags open and stuffed some tissue paper in them. I also decided to paper piece Willow's shopping bags using some scraps from making this card.

I made this card using Sketch #89 from Friday Sketchers. I think this card is perfect for a girl's birthday with a gift card attached! =)

That's all I have for today. Please go and check out all the new stamps from the City Girl collection at Whiff of Joy Stamps!


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamp: Whiff of Joy Stamps
inks: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Inks
markers: Copic
patterned paper: BasicGrey
border punch: Martha Stewart
die: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Sanne said…
Alice this is so clever and beautiful - love the way you added the paper to her bags - great idea my friend!
Diana said…
Girl with the bags is just darling. Love your coloring! Thanks for sharing!
Lin said…
Wonderful design using beautiful colors, Alice!! Love your idea of opening her shopping bags!!
Kelly Booth said…
THIS....is so perfectly colored and CUTE CUTE CUTE....Love it Alice!!
Barbara said…
She is beautiful Alice and your card is so pretty! I love the tissue paper!
:-)
Kathy Martin said…
Alice....I love this! Great how the tissue paper sticks out of the shopping bags! Awesome!
donna mikasa said…
What a fun, modern Willow! Love your card--the tissue paper adds so much dimension! Cute!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh my goodness, isn't this the most luscious color of pink, so pretty!
Holly Young said…
Love the paper piecing on the packages!
Shirley N said…
Such a beautiful card! Love your paper piecing, tissue paper, and your coloring!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
What a great idea to put tissue in the bags and paper piece the bags themselves! Your card turned out FABulous Alice. I just received my very first Willow stamps... the City Girl collection... in yesterday's mail. I can't wait to ink them up. Visiting your blog is making me go broke! LOL!!!

Hugs,
Lisa
CinnamonSally said…
Alice this card is fantastic, you have made the bags of shopping come alive, I love it.
Virginia L. said…
Wow! What a great shopping girl card! Your shading and coloring are FANTASTIC!
NinaB said…
What a beauty, Alice.I love the hair.
Tasha said…
This is really pretty - great image and colour combo
love tasha xx
Jill said…
Love the tissue paper- such an innovative idea!
Allison Rankin said…
Truly stunning...those bags are inspired!
Carole said…
Fabulous card...beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole
Stamping Cafe said…
You need to stop enabling me with those beautiful cards and images of yours!! :) Love love love this card, and the City Girl collection... the dancing willow is my favorite!
Anonymous said…
Your cards are just charming! I love how you incorporated the tissue into the shopping bags, what a neat touch! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Suzanne C said…
The tissue in the top of the shopping bags is genius and the piecing is perfect too as some of the shopping bags today are so pretty! Love your coloring!

Popular Posts