Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #48

Happy Sunday my friends! It's time for another Cupcake Inspiration Challenge! Here is this week's inspiration:

Here is my take on the inspiration:

I used the red, pink and green on the cupcakes to color my image. I paired her with some yummy patterned papers from Making Memories' Just Chilling Girl collection.

I colored Spring Time Lily illustrated by Rachelle Anne Miller using Tim Holtz Distree Ink pads. I found an awesome tutorial here on water coloring using distress inks and just had to give it a try. I didn't use reinkers though, I just pressed some inks on my acrylic blocks and used a watercolor brush to pick up and mix colors.

I used water color paper for this. And obviously I have a lot of room for improvement! =) I have a few more images colored using this method, so stay tuned! Let me know if you like the water color look! I am not giving up my Copics. Just playing around with all sorts of fun techniques! =)

That's all I have for today. Don't forget to go and check out what other HSE Sweeties came up with! Here are the links:

Please go to Rachel's blog to find out how you can join us in this delicious challenge!



Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Stampavie, Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
patterned paper, ribbon: Making Memories
ink: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
border punch: Fiskars
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Kathy Martin said…
YUMMY! I'll take one of those cupcakes! Don't you wish they were good for you....like apples?!?! By-the-way, very cute card! :)
Kelly Booth said…
So Cute Alice.....Love your Sweet Little card and that Pink Twill is Lovely!! Yummy Inspiration too!!
Piali said…
So Pretty!!! Love the watercoloring..I also like to use Distress ink for watercoloring.. but still working on the skills.
Cute Card!!
Rachel Hope said…
Adorable!!!! Great watercoloring!
Hey girl! This is too cute and your coloring is AMAZING!! Hugs,
Janetcraft said…
Hi ALice! I missed so many of your great cards for these couple of weeks. I was too busy with CNY celebration and fall sick after caught up with bad sore throat.
I love this wonderful cupcake and the colours are so matching and I cant manage to eat them bcos there are too pretty. Anyway, your card colors are really in the line and you did wonderfully on 'her'.
Colleen Wold said…
Very sweet! I think you did a great job on the watercoloring.
Sanne said…
Great card Alice - lovely colors..... and those cupcakes - yummy yum!
Shirley N said…
Alice your card is adorable and your water coloring is beautiful!
Virginia L. said…
Just love the water-coloring in distress ink in this!! AWESOME! I have to check out that link :) YUMMY card, Alice! So sweet!
Jill said…
Your take looks just as sweet (OR SWEETER) as the inspiration photo!!!
donna mikasa said…
Oh, so sweeeeet! Your watercoloring is awesome! I love it!! It's good to give your Copics a break...they've been working overtime! Have a great Sunday!
Pajalu said…
What a great card & I love where the inspiration came from too ;) xoxoxoxo
ivy said…
what fun pink twill ribbon! love that it's paired w/ that green paper. you are so good at trying new techniques!
Dotty Jo said…
Beautiful!!! Love those colours and that cute little girl! Jo x
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Adorable Alice! And I think you did an awesome job with the water coloring. It's been so long since I've water colored with my re-inkers. You've inspired me once again!

Hugs,
Lisa
Kristen said…
Great card and super sweet image!
Suzanne C said…
The cupcakes always look so delicious and you follow it up with an equally yummy card!
Amy said…
This card is totally adorable Alice and I love your take on this week's inspiration... always a treat to see! :)
Stacy Morgan said…
Awww... How adorable is she! Great great coloring.

Popular Posts