Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #100!!


Happy Friday everyone! It's the 100th sketch at Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge and we are celebrating!

If you join us and spread the word about the Sketch Celebration, Taylor will choose one lucky random winner to receive a $25 gift certificate that you can use at Taylored Expresstions online store. Please check out how to get the badge at Taylor's blog.

Here is this week's sketch:

Here is my card:

I used another image from Pink Petticoat's adorable With Flowers digital set. The yummy and spring-y papers are from a digital kit called Songbird by Sugarplum Paperie and Boutique Cute Dolls and is available at The Digichick Boutique.

I stitched a strip of mini ric-rac from The Ribbon Jar around the circle to help the image stand out a little more.

Taylor is also giving away a $25 gift certificate to the Top 5 creations using Sketch 100! How is THAT for a celebration? You can enter as many times as you wish, but each creation must be linked separately to Mr. Linky. The winners will be judged by the TESC Sketch Crew.

Before you go and start your own projects, don't forget to check out what all the other members of the TESC Sketch Crew came up with using this fun sketch!! Here are the links:
Please go to Taylor's blog to grab the badge at the top of my post for the random drawing and all the details about the celebration!


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
digital stamp: Pink Petticoat
digital kit: Songbird by Sugarplum Paperie and Boutique Cute Dolls at The Digichick Boutique
markers: Copic
buttons: Papertrey Ink
ric-rac:
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug
strings: DMC
others: sewing machine, thread

Comments

Taylor said…
This is so soft and sweet, Alice! I love the image and the colors you used!
Sherrie said…
I'm so glad you showed a close up of that stitched on ric rac....I would have thought it was paper otherwise....what a sweet touch! It goes with the wonderful spring theme you have going on!
Jami said…
Alice this is soooo darling - love the soft sweet colors. How on earth did you stitch around that circle so perfectly? That ric rac is the perfect touch!
Virginia L. said…
Such a HAPPY and PERFECT card, Alice! YOU are so inspiring!
Kelly Booth said…
SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! Love the Ric Rac Stitching too...just perfect!!
donna mikasa said…
Wow, can't believe Taylor's had 100 sketches! Love your card and love her sketch book! Now I have no excuse not to use more sketches!
Lynn Mercurio said…
Outstanding Alice...I think I like this sketch even better in your orientation! You certainly did a fantastic job with your card...just beautiful!
Unknown said…
Ohhh what a lovely card....
Great..

Hugs Melli
Lucy Abrams said…
This card is incredible Alice - and I love all the amazing links - thanks for sharing everything. (Except you make me want so much more stuff!!!!)
Dotty Jo said…
This is so cute Alice! Not seen that digi-kit at PP before...must go take a look! I love your take on the sketch - fabulous, especially those cute buttons! Jo x
NinaB said…
I love your springy card and that row of flowers is wonderfully done. Great job, my friend.
Jane said…
LOVE LOVE this card! Gorgeous colours!
Maylee said…
Wow! This is so gorgeous! I thought that ric-rac was a scallop punch! It's beautifully stitched! Love love it!
Nancy said…
Alice, your interpretation of this sketch is adorable! I love that digi flower set. Your colors are so soft and lovely too!
Barbara said…
WOW, this is so pretty Alice! I just love your colouring-it pops right off of the card!
:-)
Tracey said…
Alice!!! I just LOVE this card...it may be one of my favorites of yours!!!! Hugs, TRace
Seriously Alice this is just delightful!!! The colors and sweet image are perfect together. Fantastic job on the sketch!
:) Rachel
Donna Baker said…
This is so fun! Love the flip of the sketch!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
There are more of those images I LOVE from Pink Petticoat! I have got to print mine out and color them up one of these days! I also LOVE the way you used the ric rack around the circle, Alice. At first I thought it was a Nestie die... your placement is perfect! Bravo dear girl!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh, this is just too super sweet, the most beautiful, spring time colors Alice!
Stamping Cafe said…
Love you gorgeous card, Alice! Love the sketch too!

Happy Chinese New Year to you, have a beautiful weekend!
Sanne said…
Do I need to say I LOVE THIS Alice. This is such a cute design and love the stamps and colors - SPRING come soon!!!!!
Jill said…
So springy and fun! I admire your talent at creating cards using sketches! Super fab!
Melissa Sauls said…
Oh I love how you flipped the sketched Alice! I'm loving those soft colors you used on the card and the bright pop of colors you used on your focal image. How fun!
Suzanne C said…
So cute and adorable! Love the papers and how you interpreted the sketch.
~amy~ said…
Alice...this is absolutely DARLING!!!
Godelieve said…
Fantastic card Alice! Love the color scheme, great papers! What a fabulous idea with the ric-rac!

Popular Posts