Happy Chinese New year & Happy Valentine's Day!!

Hi all! Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Valentine's Day!! First of all, congratulations to Dottie !!! You won Jane's new digital release - Bird Watching! Please send me an email and I'll forward it to Jane. She will be sending you those cute images! If you are here for my entry to CAARDvarks' "wedding card" challenge, please scroll down to the bottom of this post. Thanks! =)

Today is the first day of the Year of Tiger in the Lunar Calendar. We went to a friend's place last night for a hot-pot party to celebrate this biggest holiday in the Chinese culture. I made two simple and quick cards for two other couples that were at the party.

I used two free images from Mo's Digital Pencil, but you can only get those freebies by joining Mo's Group at Paper Craft Planet.

This image is called "2010 Baby Bella and Bronte." I think it was for the New Year, by adding "Chinese" with my awful handwriting it's perfect for the Chinese New year! =)

This happy image is "500." I think it was for the celebration of having 500 members at Mo's Paper Planet Group. After I cut the colored image out with my Nesties, I simply stamped the sentiment from Close To My Heart around the circle. For the little gap that the stamp couldn't cover, I just added a red button! Easy peasy!

I kept the colors of the images mostly red, because red is the luckiest color in the Chinese culture. We believe that red brings good luck and good fortune.

And of course I have to have a Valentine's card for Valentine's Day, too!

This is also a freebie called "Bella Hearts Bronte." I adore this sweet image! =) The patterned papers that I used are from My Mind's Eye's Be Loved collection. The sentiment is from Nina's Heartily Yours Additions stamp set.

And finally, here is my card for CAARDvarks' wedding card challenge. Please hop over and check how you can get a chance to be published!

I used Papertrey Ink's In Bloom set for this simple card. The sentiment is from Scattered Showers set.


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Dotty Jo said…
Happy Chinese New Year and happy Valentine's Day Alice, and what wonderful cards! Have a great day, Jo x
CinnamonSally said…
Happy Valentines and Chinese New Year, Love all your Cards Alice. Such a wonerful source of inspiration.
Nancy said…
Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Valentine's Day Alice! Mo's images are so sweet. Your cards are just adorable!
Frances said…
Happy New year Alice! Love your cards, Mo's images are all so sweet aren't they?! Hope you're enjoying your new year/valentine's day. x
Vanessa said…
Happy New Year and Happy Valentine`s Day! Your cards are fab! Love your elegant Wedding card!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Sanne said…
Same to you sweetie! Love your festive cards here - fantastic Alice!
Rachel Hope said…
Fun Fun cards!!! Love the Digital Pencil images!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Super fun cards, love it! And Happy New Year and Valentine's to you too! Hope you had a wonderful celebration with your friends!
donna mikasa said…
Happy Chinese New Year, Alice! And Happy ♥ Day to you, too! Love your cards.....all of them! The wedding card is simple and GORGEOUS!
Amy said…
Oooh... so much Mo yumminess going on here, ya gotta love it... fabulous cards! :)
And happy Chinese New Year to you Alice! It sounds like you had a great time ringing it in. :)
Holly Young said…
Wow Alice, you just went to town on making cute cards didn't you? These are all just sweet and adorable. Fantastic coloring too!
Virginia L. said…
Super happy cards you made, Alice! They make me smile :) I love the simple and elegant wedding card for the Caardvarks challege!Awesome entry! xoxo
~amy~ said…
You've been busy...such HAPPY cards! Happy Valentine's Day!
Jill said…
Look at all of these masterpieces! They all made me smile BIG! Your coloring is truly amazing and you make each image a masterpiece!
Stamping Cafe said…
Whoa, Alice! How did you do it?!!! So many cards every day, so hard to keep up with you! :) Love all of them, you are amazingly talented!!

Hope you had a wonderful and special day!!
ivy said…
gorgeous wedding card. very elegant!

happy new year alice!
Kelly Booth said…
Your Adorable cards ALWAYS make me Smile BIG!!!! Love these.....you rock Alice!!
Kathy said…
Oh my gosh ... I would rather say oh my GOD!!!!! you really blow me away...you coloring is so stunning , shading everything!!!! Wow knockout cards sista and love the wedding one too
hugs
Els said…
What a gorgeous card for the Caardvarks Challenge! So elegant! I really love it!
Maylee said…
These are PERFECT! Love your coloring Alice and that is perfect stamping around with the Happy New Year sentiment!
Suzanne C said…
Happy Chinese New Year! Hope it is prosperous! What a lovely assortment of cards! the coloring is fantastic on all of them! Love the baby new year too cute! Love the sentiment around the edge of the circle. Lovely wedding card!

Popular Posts