2 Sketches 4 You Bonus Sketch

Hello my friends! Hope you had a great weekend. We had a dinner party on Saturday. It was so nice to get together with friends and just chat! =)

I am supposed to come up with a bonus sketch this week for 2 Sketches 4 You. Here is what I came up with:

And here is my card:

This week's sponsor is InStyle Stamps. This cute image that I used is called Church Chicks. I cut out the cute chicks and built a little scene for them. I drew and cut out a few little clouds and used them as masks to make the sky with some tumbled glass distress ink.

I clear-embossed two cute flower image from this set by Lawn Fawn, then inked the piece with yummy spun sugar distress ink for my background. I used Martha Stewart's Garden Trellis deep edger punch for the first time as well.

Please check out 2 Sketches 4 You blog for Laura's Sketch 48. If you get a chance to make a card using my bonus sketch, make sure that you link it to Mr. Linky at the 2 Sketch 4 You blog so that I can go and check them out! =)

Hope your week is off to an awesome start!


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon, button: Papertrey Ink
digital stamp: InStyle Stamps
stamps: Papertrey Ink (sentiment), Lawn Fawn (background flowers)
punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars (corner rounder)
inks: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
coloring tool: Copic
decorative scissors: Fiskars
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug
thin crochet thread: DMC

Comments

Winter said…
How cute! I love those little chicks and what a great sketch! :)
Virginia L. said…
Incredibly CUTE!! You use this sketch so beautifully! Love the colors and the little chicks are super adorable...the layering and borders are SUPERB!
Kathy said…
These church chicks are amazing!!!! Love your sketch sista. Hugs and your dinner party sounds so fun! Nice to do "normal" things..lol
Maylee said…
I'ts super cute Alice and I love your sketch!
Lucy Abrams said…
This is so ADORABLE. Alice - you rock.
Linda Beeson said…
I love that sketch but the details on your card are wonderful! LOVE that pink card base and the way you colored your little chicks. The cloudy sky is adorable and LOVE that border punch.
Tyggereye said…
So so precious!! I love those little chicks. Great job with that sketch!!
BabyBokChoy said…
LOVE LOVE those precious chickadees!!!! so sweet, check out the adorable bonnet!! lol, cute cute cute!!!
Lysa said…
Oh so cute! Love those soft colors and papers :)
Sanne said…
Sweet chicks! Cute card Alice (as allways!)
Kelley Eubanks said…
Super cute!! Love this!
Karen B. said…
Sweet and pretty, so many details to look at. Great sketch, can't wait to try it out!
Barbara said…
This is so pretty Alice! I love your sketch and those chickies are adorable! :-)
~amy~ said…
sooooooo cute Alice! I hope to play on Saturday...can you believe that I've already scheduled all my posts through Friday?
Tracey said…
You ROCK Alice!!!!! I totally love your sketch and card...so darn ADORABLE!!!!!
Smita said…
Cute!!! Love the colors on all your cards!

Hugs,
Smita
donna mikasa said…
Hi Alice!! Had to backtrack your blog and see all your gorgeous creations!! Love your cards and I'm oohing and aahing all of them!
Pajalu said…
Oh my you are so very talented Alice. I love your sketch & the card that you made with it. Simply stunning!!! I think I will have to try to play along this week ;) xoxoxoxoxo
Dotty Jo said…
You do make the cutest cards Alice! This is fabulous and spun sugar looks amazing... must get some asap! Jo x
NinaB said…
What an adorable card. I love those little chickies on their way to church. I just got some Distress inks. I can't believe you used it to make the background.
Jill said…
Spectacular! THIS. IS. SOOOO. CUTE.!!!!
Suzanne C said…
Adorable card! Love the chicks in their church finery! Great sketch!!!
Allison said…
this is so pretty and sweet
AllisonX
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Church chicks! I love it!!! You are such an enabler, Alice!!! And your sketch is awesome, too. I'll try to play.
Monika Reeck said…
Alice I love that pink paper the Border under the pink Paper and the cute chick (your coloring is sooo pretty) Cute and lovely card dear...hugs
Queen Mary said…
I'm just exploring your blog -- the JustRite hop is my first visit and I have to say, I love your work and these church chicks are too cute!
Tasha said…
This is just way too cute! I love everything abou it, the colours the layout the whole design! Adorable
love tasha xx
Godelieve said…
GORGEOUS card, so cute!

Popular Posts