celebrate today

Happy Thursday! I am here to share a card made using stamps from My Cute Stamps! I used the whimsical Celebrate Today stamp set for this card. I am also playing along with Lisa Johnson's Poppy Seed Challenge #1 and Embellish Magazine's Embellish Borders Color Challenge.

Lisa's challenge is to use crystal, a flower image and light yellow. I am hoping my yellow here is ok though. Since the Embellish Borders Color Challenge also has yellow in their color combo this time, I decided to combine both challenges. I clear-embossed images from the Celebrate Today set and sponged the whole piece with scattered straw. The main image is colored with Copics. I think this card also qualities for The Olympics of Stamping challenge for the birthday category over at Moxie Fab World. Before I knew it, this is another "multi-task card!" LOL!! =)

That's all from me today. Hope you have a wonderful day! =)


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: My Cute Stamps
ink: Memento, VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
coloring tools: Copic
border punch, corner rounder: Fiskars
gems: Hero Arts
clear embossing powder: Stampendous

Comments

Jane said…
This is too GORGEOUS! LOVE it!!
cashemere said…
So cute!!!
Kisses from Brazil
~amy~ said…
This is soooo lovely Alice...sheer clean & crisp!
NinaB said…
It's so delicate and gorgeous. Great job, Alice.
Shay said…
Beautiful and elegant card! You did a wonderful job with the challenge.
Tiffany Ervin said…
WOW! Super elegant, so classy and soft!
Amy Heller said…
Look at this, Alice! It's just lovely! Great job!
Dotty Jo said…
This is so pretty and stylish Alice. Love that super background! Jo x
Anne Gaal said…
Hi, Alice! Soft, beautiful card! So elegant! :-)
Lucy Abrams said…
Beautiful DT card Alice - I got my stamps yesterday - can't wait for the weekend. :)
Love this interpretation of the colour challenge.
Amy said…
This card is SO pretty Alice... clean and simple perfection! :)
Aga said…
What a beautiful card! The background is just amazing!
BabyBokChoy said…
wow, that's colored with copic?! man, that's some seriously amazing coloring technique, lol, mine would not look better than my 6 years old's coloring, lol
donna mikasa said…
Oooh, I love this, Alice! So clean and crisp~you multi task so well!
Jill said…
This is amazing! Seriously, my jaw is still on the floor and I think I'm drooling! :)
alexandra s.m. said…
I love this card! The colors and design are exquisite ;-)
Iris said…
The card is amazing! I knew about your blog candy but when i clicked it , it said that the page didn't exist. Just wondering. :)
Maylee said…
Love the soft color of this card Alice!
Jenn Biederman said…
This is gorgeous, Alice!!!! I love the yummy yellow background & the simple flower. The punched green border adds the perfect touch. Love it!!!! Your talent is amazing & I love everything you create!!
Karen said…
Awww....so sweet! :>
Barbara said…
This is so pretty and it's awesome that it fits all 3 challenges!
:-)
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Way to go combining challenges, Alice! I love the background paper that you created... I'm thinking that's resist embossing? And that image is sweet simplicity. Awesome.
Godelieve said…
So beautiful!! Love your gorgeous background!!
Hey Alice! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! :)
How sweet! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish!
Marune said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE this card !
for me, the best card of the Embellish Magazine challenge !
Mariana Grigsby said…
Wow, this card is beautiful! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge.

Popular Posts