Elegant Birds

Happy hump day, my friends! =) Here is a card I made using My Cute Stamps' beautiful Elegant Birds stamp set. I love all the beautiful bird cages in this stamp set. I stamped the bird cage image on a piece of acetate using black StazOn before I cut it out. I then colored the bird, cut out and adhered it on top of the acetate cage using rolled up glue dots.

The patterned paper that I used is from a digital kit called Natural Beauty created by Digital Birdhouse. I love this elegant botanical digital paper. It is really a beautiful green, but I just couldn't get the color right in my photo... The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Sign Language set. The tiny butterfly is punched using this Martha Stewart punch. I am also submitting this card to CAARDvarks' Photo Inspiration Challenge. I hope that I made the deadline. =)

I didn't plan this, but this card happens to be green and today is St. Patrick's Day. Happy St. Patrick's day to you all! =)


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: My Cute Stamps, Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
digital kit: Natural Beauty by Digital Birdhouse at Two Peas In A Bucket
inks: StazOn, Memento
coloring tool: Copic
punches: Fiskars (corner rounder), Martha Stewart
string: DMC
dies: Spellbinders
embossing folder, die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Vanessa said…
Super card, Alice!! Love the acetate! Beautiful!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Tasha said…
This is stunning! I love the hint of colour and the stamp is adorable
love tasha xx
NinaB said…
Beautiful use of a clear sheet, Alice.
Sanne said…
This is really a cute and elegant card - such a clever design sweetie!
Dotty Jo said…
How clever Alice! Wonderful and cute, Jo x
Monika Reeck said…
A clever idea Alice and ooh this is super duper cuuutee.....so sweeet Alice...love this much
~amy~ said…
Oh this is fabbie Alice! I love the use of the acetate!
Barbara said…
This is so pretty Alice! I thought of the Caardvarks challenge as soon as I saw it! :-)
Lin said…
Alice, I love how you created this card using acetate! Brilliant idea!
Kathy Martin said…
This card is the sweetest! Love your design and that bird/cage! :)
Agata said…
So sweet! Love your take on Caardvarks challenge! Such a good idea with the transparency!
Virginia L. said…
This is so BEAUTIFULLY done!I love. love the acetate and all the details!!
Tiffany Ervin said…
So sweet and very original looking with that acetate design, you're always thinking up such fresh ideas with your cards, love this!
Amy C said…
Awesome card!! I love the embossing and the way you used the acetate and the stamp. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!
~* steph :) *~ said…
What a beautiful card! I love the birdcage on acetate! So elegant. Thanks for sharing :)!
Cindy C. said…
Lovely card Alice!
Denise said…
BEAUTIFUL!!! Very pretty & elegant card. Love the embossing.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise
Kelley Eubanks said…
This is adorable!! Love it!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I think your cards are fantastic... you are very talented!!
Pan said…
Your cards are beautiful.

Pan
http://smallstuffsewingroom.blogspot.com/
Frances said…
Ooo, love this one Alice especially how you've used acetate and the layout (I saw this stamp set & loved all the cages in it too)

As for the PI stamps it was all your fault that I got hooked on them ;)x
Anita Rex said…
Amazing card Alice! That bird cage is amazing with acetate!
Jan Hunnicutt said…
Beautiful card, the bird cage is neat on the acetate.
Lizziski said…
Oh Alice, this card is absolutely wonderful! Such a clever idea and so effective. Ilove this Elegant Birds set, I have it so thank you for such great inspiration
Deirdre said…
Woww......... stunning...wow, love it. The details are just Amazing.
Amy Heller said…
Alice this is gorgeous! I LOVE the acetate! I have to try that!! Super cute!
LeAnne said…
How fun is this!
Suzanne C said…
Wow! This is stunning! Love the acetate birdcage and how you cut out the circle for the birdcage!
Jill said…
Great, great, GREAT design! Love the cut out for the bird cage!
Monika/Buzsy said…
What a beautiful card Alice. Love the great image and the fabulous lay-out! :o)
ivy said…
this is so clever! love this!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Super clever design Alice!!!
Amy Kolling said…
Wow this card totally caught my eye on your mini thumbnails below your posts! I'm a sucker for birds lately and this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love your design....it's so unique!

Popular Posts