2 Sketches 4 You Laura's Sketch 47

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a relaxed one being treated like a Queen! =) And I am still smiling from all your lovely comments, too. Thank you so much my sweet friends!

On to my card for this week's 2 Sketches 4 You. Here is Laura's Sketch #47:

Here is my card:

This week's sponsor is The Cutting Cafe. I thought that if you rotate Laura's sketch 9o degrees, it looked like a coffee cup with a sleeve. So I printed the brown coffee beans from the Coffee Bean Background Set on kraft cardstock for my background. Then I printed images from the Got Coffee? image set on patterned papers from PTI's Pretty Pastels collection for the "sleeve."

I added a layer of velum over the coffee bean background to tone it down a little.

Hope you can play along with us this week! =)


Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstocks, patterned paper: Papertrey Ink
digital stamps: The Cutting Cafe
brads: Close To My Heart
vellum: The Paper Company
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Agata said…
Such a great card! And cool idea of adding the vellum to your card!
Sanne said…
Clever way to use those stamps Alice - great card!
Regina Easter said…
this is fabulous...i love the way you covered the background paper....awesome.....stuff...I would love to put in the customer gallery...hugs
Tiffany Ervin said…
What a darling sentiment and love the soft colors on your card!! Hope your Monday is off to a great start!
jjcreations said…
Great card - love all those little cups.
Monika Reeck said…
Hallo Alice...love those little cups too...ADORABLE Images and cute PP fit the main Images...lovely card y dear...hugs
Jill said…
Love the muted colors! Such a pretty and cute card!
~amy~ said…
excellent card Alice...love your use of the vellum....
donna mikasa said…
Yum! Makes me want to drink some coffee! Love the vellum--really does mute the colors!
ivy said…
great set and love the vellum over the coffee beans!
Suzanne C said…
Love the idea of the coffee sleeve. the vellum is a brilliant idea!

Popular Posts