poppy background, curly flowers & stamp a garden

I have a few cards made using some yummy Hero Arts stamps to share with you.

I made this one a little while ago for Hero Arts' "30 Grand" challenge. It was a challenge to celebrate having 30, 000 entries at the Hero Arts Flickr Group. Isn't it amazing? I can't believe how many talented ladies are in that group. It's the perfect place for inspiration! I used the "embossed layered resist" technique for this card. Here is a video Jennifer McGuire made on how that's done.

I first stamped the Friend Definition on a piece of rustic cream cardstock from PTI. I then clear-embossed the gorgeous Poppy Background over it. The flowers were then colored using spiced marmalade and peeled paint distress inks. The sentiment was then stamped using black StazOn.

I made this card for Hero Arts' March challenge - Spring & Easter. I used one of the flowers from the whimsical Curly Flowers cling stamp set. The grass and butterfly were from this clear set and sentiment was from the Truly Appreciated clear set.

After stamping, coloring and paper piecing. I glued some beads on the flowers and the tips of the butterfly's antenna followed by lots of hand stitching. This was a fun card to make!

I made this card for my WAD, but it wasn't chosen. Since it fits this month's challenge, I decided to submit it. This card was inspired by the beautiful sample cards in the 2010 Hero Arts catalog. I couldn't resist and made one. =)

The background is clear-embossed with Leaves and Flower Scatter. The flowers, ladybug and grass are from the super fun Stamp A Garden clear set. Don't you just love the name of this set? The sentiment is once again from the Truly Appreciated set.

Have a beautiful weekend! =)


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
for the "Poppy Background" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Bazzill Basics
stamps: Hero Arts
inks: VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, StazOn
twine, button: Papertrey Ink

for the "Curly Flower" card:
cardstock, stamps: Hero Arts
inks: Perfect Match Hybrid Ink by Papertrey Ink, Memento
coloring tool: Copic
beads: Michaels
embroidery floss: DMC

for the "Stamp a Garden" card:
cardstock: Hero Arts, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Hero Arts
inks: Memento, Perfect Match Hybrid Ink
coloring tool: Copic
punches: Fiskars

Comments

Lucy Abrams said…
Three such wodnerful cards Alice - you are so so clever.
Pajalu said…
Wow Alice these cards are so beautiful. My favourite is the middle one. I love the way you combined the stitching with the images. Thank you once again for my stunning card, I just love it to bits. I took it in to my LSS today to show the owner & she would like to display it for a little while. Would that be ok? I would include your blog addy so people can check out all your other fantastic cards as well xoxoxoxo
Tyggereye said…
Very cool card. I love that video. I hadn't seen that before. Very interesting technique!
Kathy Martin said…
These cards are so happy and colorful! Love the hand stitching and detailing! Your are so talented! :)
Lynn Mercurio said…
These are three stunning creations. Your resist project has so much depth and color variation that really make the flowers come to life. I simply adore your stitching on your card which give it such a whimsical feel. And who can resist a flied of flowers in such wonderful spring colors. WOW
JenMarie said…
These are absolutely AMAZING!!!
Cheryl said…
Beautiful cards! Very clever ideas.
Agata said…
All three are amazing! The first one is just blowing my socks off!!! And on the second one, i love those pearls you've added on the flower, great idea! The third one is very cute with all those colors!
Jane said…
I don't know which one I LOVE most!!
Jill said…
Just can't get enough of these!!! Your work is PERFECTION!
Anonymous said…
alice!!
i can't believe you!! these are all SO good!!
Kelley Eubanks said…
Wow..... more great cards! Love seeing your work! Always great! That top one is just gorgeous and I love the stitching on the one in the middle... all of them are just fab!
Niki Estes said…
Beautiful cards, Alice! I especially love that first one with all the layered stamping!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
I am knocked out by the work you do with Hero Arts stamps!!! Where do you buy yours?

Thanks for the referral to Jennifer's video... I'll have to check that out. And I LOVE your stitching on the second card. And I adore the bright happiness of the third card. You're killing me!!!! hahaha
NinaB said…
These are both truly special. I love the stitching on the first one and the bright happy colors of the second one. Great job, Alice!

Popular Posts