2 cards for 3 challenges + an award

Warning! Long post!!

I made two cards using Laura's Sketch #38 for 2 Sketches 4 You.

This first card is also for the "Red Hair" challenge over at the Copic Creations Challenge Blog. I used E19, E09, E97 for Sayuri's hair.

I printed out some digital papers from the Splish Splash set created by Rhonna Farrer for this card. You can find her work here at 2Ps!!

This super cute stamp is called " Sayuri With Bear" by Chubby Pencil. I got the digital version from All That Scraps. I smiled big when I first saw this image! Doesn't her big toothy grin just put you in a good mood? I adore her!!

This second card was also made for the "Let it snow" challenge over at Club Anya.

I covered the dry-embossed piece with some Diamond Stickles.

I used some Tulip Glitter Dimensional Fabric Paint on Miss Anya's outfit and accessories.

Now on to the blog award... I received this MeMe Award from the lovely Donna and Hannah a little while ago... Sorry for the delaying of posting this, ladies!

The rules are that I have to share 7 secrets and pass this award to 7 people. I decided to share some lesser known facts about me rather than actual "secrets." Here they are:

1. I eye-ball everything when I make cards or scrapbook pages. I have learned that if I insist on making everything precise, I'll never get anything done...

2. I hate raisins. Grapes are ok, wines are better, but NO raisins for me!

3. I don't have a driver's license. That's true! I don't drive. My sweet hubby takes me places that I need or want to go! I have a Taiwanese driver's license, but I never got around to getting a California one... Hubby has a manual drive car and I am not comfortable driving it...

4. I eat French Fries without catchup. Nope! Don't like catchup either!

5. I don't stay in the same room with a (or any) cockroach. We never get along that well.

6. I love Project Runway!

7. I must multi-task. I can finish a card in between checking emails and hopping around in the blogland. I rarely do one thing at a time. While I am typing this post, I am also snacking and trying to come up with a design for my next card! Now that I think of it, maybe it's good that I don't drive! LOL!!

Phew! That wasn't easy! I am going to give this award to these 7 fabulous and talented ladies:
Please go and visit their blogs! You will be amazed by their creations!

Thanks for sticking around for this long post! Hope you all have a beautiful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
for "Hi" card:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Chubby Pencil for C.C. Designs (Sayuri), Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned papers: Splish Splash by Rhonna Farrer (digital)
ribbon: Taylored Expressions
flowers: Prima
button: Papertrey Ink
punches: Fiskars (corner rounder), EK Success (1/2" circle for Hi)
string: DMC
dies: Spellbinders Nestibilities Standard Circles Large
die cutting machine: CuttleBug
Copics used:
skin tone: E11, E00, E000, E93
hair: E19, E08, E97
shirt, socks: Y17, Y15, Y11
shorts (?): BG05, BG01, B000
shoes: E33, E31
flower: Y17, Y15, R22, RV42, R20
bear: E39, E35, E33, R22, RV42, R20

for "sending warm wishes" card:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya), Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: BasicGrey
ink: Memento
punch: Stampin' Up
ribbon: Taylored Expressions
punch: Martha Stewart
glitter glue: Stickles by Ranger, Tulip Glitter Dimensional Fabric Paint
embossing folder, embossing machine: CuttleBug
Copics used:
skin tone: E11, E00, E000, E93
hair: E97, Y21, Y11
outfit: R22, RV42, R20, E39, E35, E31

Comments

Lynn Mercurio said…
Wow...you have really been busy. Such fantastic coloring and awesome combination of texture and designer paper. All of these cards are just wonderful.
Holly Young said…
These are both such cute cards! I love all the detail you have given each card. Your coloring is really magnificent!
Laura Davis said…
Wow what great work! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura
NinaB said…
Wow, what great coloring you did! I love both cards. And how fun to know tidbits about you. My mom doesn't drive either, but she seems to survive in Ca without one for 20+ years now.
donna mikasa said…
You've been so busy, Alice! Love both of your cards and thanks for accepting the award and sharing more "Alice tidbits" with us!
No raisins or catsup, huh? Must remember that!
Amy said…
Your cards are awesome Alice, love them both! And I must say that your coloring and use of Sayuri is the best I've seen!
Julie Ranae said…
Alice...what a lovely thing to do...thank you so much for the award...by the way, I LoVe Project Runway, too...so much so, that because I was unable to coordinate my schedule and I missed too many at the beginning, I have yet to see the current season...it's making me crazy!

Thanks again...ever so much!
Julie Ranae said…
One more thing....we would love to have you play along with us at our new challenge at The Play Date Cafe....here's the link:

http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh my, just love all of your cards, amazing! So neat to learn even more things about you, thanks so much for sharing!
Lysa said…
Thank YOU so much for the award- I'm blushing :) Fabulous cards as always! HUGS!!
Vanessa said…
Wow, these cards are perfect!!! These images go so well with your designs!! Loved to read all the info about you!!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Suzanne C said…
Gorgeous cards! Love the coloring on all of them and the designs are beautiful! Love project runway too!
Deborah said…
Alice, everything looks fabulous here! Thank you for nominating me for the MeMe Award, but I already have received it (Donna beat you to the punch - she may be little, but she's FAST!)
Stamping Cafe said…
Wow, Alice! Gorgeous cards, love both of them! Thank you for the award, I'm honored! Will put it on my blog as soon as my girls fully recover!
Maylee said…
I love this card and love the 7 facts about you even more! What do you mean you don't drive?! I'm picking you up the next time there's a craft sale!!! : )

Popular Posts