uh-oh...

I made this card intending to join the fun over at Bee Crafty for the "Photo Inspiration" challenge..... But I think I might not make the deadline again... The challenge is to draw inspiration from the photo below and to use any digital image.
This is one of my favorite digital images from Bee Crafty called Whimsical Girl. I adore her chubby face. I also love that she is holding the flowers behind her as if she is ready to give it to someone as a sweet surprise!

I was inspired by the pink, dark pink and green colors in the photo. Also, since it's a photo of a bouquet, I thought I would add some doodled flowers to her dress... So you can see that I don't have the talent for drawing,,, The flowers just look a bit weird to me.... I also added the grass on the ground to give it a more finished look.

I am also so honored and happy that Bee put one of my Whimsical Girl cards on her "Bee Crafty's Designer Spot!!!" Thank you so much Bee!! =)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Bee Crafty (Whimsical Girl), Hero Arts (background, sentiment)
patterned papers: BasicGrey, Paptertrey Ink
buttons: Papertrey Ink
ink: Perfect Match Hybrid Ink by Papertrey Ink
black pen: Copic Multiliner SP
border punch: Martha Stewart
string: DMC
Copics used:
skin tone: E11, E00, E000, E93
outfit: BG72, BG11, BG10, B000, Y17, R22, RV42, R89, R85, R83, 81
hair: E97, Y26, Y21, Y13
flowers, grass: R22, RV42, G99, G82, G40, Y17, R18, R32

Comments

Jill said…
She is so cute! I love seeing how you interpreted the inspiration! Fabulous!
Bee said…
Gorgeous card Alice! Love the use of colour on Whimsical Girl, she looks great, and the delicate background colours and textures. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)
Tracey said…
ADORABLE Alice!!! your colouring is fantastic and how you addee to the image...pure talent girly!!
Anita Rex said…
The flowers you drew look cute! They are really nice! Cute card!
Kelly Booth said…
She is so CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE and your coloring just Rocks!!!!!xoxoxoxo!
NinaB said…
what a sweet card. I love your coloring!
Virginia L. said…
SUPER adorable! I LOVE the flowers on her dress! It doesn't look weird to me at all!!Love all the colors you have from the inspiration! Hope you make the deadline as this is an awesome entry!!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Love it Alice, what a wonderful idea to use this inspiration from the flowers!
Maylee said…
Soooooo cute!! Love your coloring too. You got the "loop" punch...woohoo! : )
trixi b said…
Brilliant Alice. I love the colours x
Sanne said…
This is super cute Alice and I agree with you....looks like if she is to give the flower to some one. Love the color combo and as always a fantastic coloring!!!!
Nancy said…
Hi Alice, I love your fun blog! So much wonderful inspiration to be found here!
Suzanne C said…
So sweet and adorable! Love the color combination that you put together! Lovely card.
Stamping Cafe said…
Beautiful card and coloring, Alice! You ROCK!!
RiNNE said…
Alice, this is just too cute! Love the colors and my fave part is the MS punch made to look like grass!
donna mikasa said…
Love how you added on the flowers to her dress! Awesome!!
Such sweet colors, too....love this, Alice!!
Vanessa said…
Super card! so cute and happy! Love it! Hope your weekend was great, too!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Popular Posts