Wee and Drum


I made this card for challenge #55 over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog. It's a color challenge this time. You are supposed to use orange, brown and ivory in your card and of course at least one Whiff of Joy stamp!

This adorable gnome image is called Wee and Drum. It was created by Norma Fickel. Have you visited her blog? She has a very cute and inspirational blog with lots of her adorable creations!!

I was exploring the possibility of using this stamp on a non-holiday card (so that I can use this stamp all year round!) while trying to figure out a light brown/beige/ivory-ish color with the Copics that I have. I think this color might work...

This was also my first time making a pull-up pop-up card. Big thanks to the lovely Kelly for the instructions that she gave me on the phone the other day (love ya, girl!)!! I found a video here by the fabulous Jennifer McGuire if you are interested. I covered the image with Glossy Accents and used two small flourishes from PTI's Fancy Flourish to frame the image. This beautiful Hanah hand-dyed silk ribbon was sitting in my stash and I was so happy that it matches the colors for this card! I think I got it at a yarn store a while back when knitting was my "main" hobby... =)

Thanks for tolerating the terrible glare from the Glossy Accents on the photos!! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstocks: Papertery Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Whiff of Joy, Papertrey Ink, Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: BasicGrey
ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
ribbon: Hanah Silk Ribbon
circle punch: EK Success
others: Glossy Accents, sewing machine, thread
Copics used:
Wee: E11, E00, E000, E93, E31, E21, E50
drum, cat: E35, E31, E21
ground: E39, E35, E31

Comments

NinaB said…
Oh, I love the muted colors of your card, and with that added shine.
Tracey said…
Gorgeous colours...calm and vintage looking...I am really loving that look lately!!! I MUST give this pop-up card a try....so PERFECT!!! LOVE it Alice :)
Holly Young said…
So adorable! I love the swirls around the image!
donna mikasa said…
LOOOOVE this card, Alice!!! I thought you used only sepia tones. Even the BG paper looks so different! And the silk ribbon is gorge!
Lucy Abrams said…
Wow - this is FAB Alice. You are so clever at amazing designs. Such a pretty muted colour scheme too.
Virginia L. said…
Love the shade and hues in this card., And yes, this card can be used all year round-depending on the colors you use! I think it will make a great card for cheering someone special up!!! Love that!!
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE....LOVE LOVE LOVE...this Rocks and so do YOU!!
Jane said…
You ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK!!!!
Jane said…
Oh Wow!!! this is absolutely gorgeous! I love it. I agree, I think this stamp would be great for non Christmas cards too. Thanks for joining us at WOJ this week, hugs, Jane xxx
Marga said…
Really love your card! It's beautiful and your coloring is stunning! Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge :)
Bev said…
Fabulous Christmas card, thanks so much for joining us at WOJ this week x
Tiffany Ervin said…
Aw...so very sweet and love this mauve color, so pretty the way you tied the ribbon as well!
Amy said…
What an awesome card Alice! You mastered the challenge beautifully, this is great!
Stamping Cafe said…
This is so beautiful, Alice! That stamp image is fabulous, love everything about this card!
Vanessa said…
Adorable! I love those images, your cards would be perfect for every fairytale book!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Popular Posts