Skating...

I made this card for the sketch challenge over at the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog.

This digital image is called Skating. I adore the expression on Bronte and how he hangs on to Bella's leg!

I had to admit that I took an ice skating class (PE) when I was in college and I was miserable on the first day of class... I must have fell at least 20 times!! I was definitely the worst skater in the class... I think part of it was that the pair of skates that I was wearing were cra... I mean not so good and that it was my first time on ice. My butt and legs were sore for a week after just the first day!!!!! I ended up getting an A for that class and I think that's because I had the biggest room for improvement! LOL!!!

Well, that's the "Laugh at Alice" of the day! Thanks for sticking around! Oh! I have never put on a pair of skates ever since the class, if you were interested...


Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil, Close To My Heart (sentiment)
patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket
ink: Memento
ribbon, buttons: Papertrey Ink
strings: DMC
punch: Martha Stewart
glitter glue: Tulip Glitter Dimensional Fabric Paint
dies: Spellbinders Nestibilities Standard Circles Large, Shapeabilities Tags Trio
die cutting machine: CuttleBug
Copics used:
skin tone: E11, E00, E000, E93
hair: E97, Y21, Y11
hat: G82, G40, R24
earmuffs: E35, E39
scarfs: BG75, BG72, BG11, BG10, R24, R22, RV42, YG63
coat, stocking: R32, R20, R11, E35, E39
Bronte: E35, Y26, E31, E11, E00
skates: E31, YR00, YR000, E35, E39

Comments

donna mikasa said…
Such a fun card, Alice! LOVE how Bronte is clinging on for dear life!
Thanks for sharing your very personal story on ice skating...... : )
Virginia L. said…
Haha! Such fond memory about your skating. Mine isn't so great, either. I managed to "walk" on ice without falling (that's all lI can say). This card is aDORABLE! I love the colors you use here!! BTW I just got your card in the mail. It's GORGEOUS! Thank you, Alice, for brighten my day :)Now I just have to find one from my stash that is good enough to send....
Kelly Booth said…
WOW girlie Girl...your rocking the copics...you can tell you have been coloring and coloring...Great job!! Love this card and your story.....
Maylee said…
Alice, I just love what you do with these images! Gorgeous coloring!
slinkycat said…
Amazing card! I love that image and all the detail. Gorgeous :)

Leanne x
Holly Young said…
How sweet! The image is of course just precious, but your coloring is fabulous! I love the colors you used too.
shulsart said…
This is one of my favorite Mo images. I love the soft pastels. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Mo's Challenge blog. We hope to see you again soon.
♥ Lydia ♥ said…
Lol...me and skates don't get on well either :0)
Fabulous card...love the colour combo x
Thanks for joining in Mo's challenge this week x
Elaine L. said…
I love the pastel colors on this! Thanks for playing along with us in Mo's challenge this week.
trixi b said…
Aww, I think this is FAB! You've some great creations! No wonder Bee gave you the 'designer guest spot' this fortnight.
Hugz. Trix x
Stamping Cafe said…
What a wonderful card, Alice! Superb coloring job, love it!

I had tons of fun ice skating when I was in Taiwan, that was 20 some years ago! Maybe I should let my little ones learn too! :)
Suzanne C said…
Lovely picture and wonderful coloring! Love the design. Funny story about the skating. TFS!
Dawn B. said…
Great job. Your coloring is terrific. We ice skated as kids on my dads creek.. It was so fun.. Big bonfire.. Great memories.. I didn't think about that until read your right up.. Thanks for playing at MO's..
Tiffany Ervin said…
What a totally merry and festive card! Makes me smile and warms my heart!!
Vanessa said…
I so love looking at your cards, Alice! They make me want to pull out a pen and start writing children books!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Sanne said…
Fantastic coloring Alice and what a sweet scating girl - great winter cards!
Elizabeth said…
Gorgeous and adorable card!! Very beautiful coloring and nice papers.
Rach said…
oh wow this is gorgeous, what a wonderful card. hugs rachxx
The Wired Angel said…
This is stunning... your coloirng is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Mo's challenge. Hugs, Peggy
Tracey said…
This card is the BOMB!!! OH MY.....your colouring is so FABULOUS and the stamp is a real cutie too!!!! I haven't skated in years!!!
ktfabian said…
Such a great card! I can feel the wind on my face and the fear of the dog hanging on for life! Great job!

Popular Posts