a double duty card

I made this card for both the Embellish Owls Color Challenge and the "unexpected color" holiday card challenge over at the Hero Arts Blog. I adore this color combination and thought that it would be a surprise color scheme for Hero Arts challenge this week.

I clear-embossed the Dot Snowflake Border on the brown card base, but it didn't show very well in the photos... I also stamped the Flourish Pine with VersaMark to give the two owls a subtle background.

I had only one owl on it originally, but thought that he was too lonely. So I added a wife/girlfriend owl for him! They both are colored with Copic markers. I drew a tiny bow for the girl owl to wear... Hopefully in reality no one would be wearing matching sweaters like the owls did though... =)

Hope you all have a beautiful Wednesday!

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstocks, button, twine: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Hero Arts
inks: VersaMark, Memento, Papertrey Ink
black pen: Copic Multiliner
punch: Martha Stewart
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight
die cutting machine: CuttleBug
Copics used: E39, E35, E33, YR02, YR00, YR000, YG95, YG91, Y17

Comments

NinaB said…
Oh my, Alice, those owls are so darn cute.
Sanne said…
What a darling card - those owls are just as cute as you Alice!
Tasha said…
Super cute card
love tasha xx
donna mikasa said…
love your unexpected colors! and the matching outfits, too!
Janetcraft said…
love your colors! Donna's favourite color too....I guess...
Kelly Booth said…
IS THIS...Ever so Perfectly CUTE!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it Alice!!
Amy said…
LOL on the matching sweaters, I think they are way too cute! And I adore your unexpected color combo, it's really pretty Alice!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Wonderful colors! And love her tiny little bow in her hair!
Kathy said…
Love these colors Alice and love the way you did her hair up with the bow!! So creative! Congrats..everytime I'm on Flickr there is another announcement that you have won something...well deserved and I'm excited for you!
Hugs,Kathy
Vanessa said…
This is so super cute! Love it! Adorable creation- I agree it`s better to have the two owls!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Pia said…
This is truly adorable Alice. What a great design this is. You are such a talent and I love your style!
Virginia L. said…
I love how you used the Flourish Pine for the background- so subtle and beautiful! Love this owl card. Simply adorable!!!!!! It made me smile :)
Suzanne C said…
This is so cute... The little owls in their sweaters is sweet.
Bee said…
Hi Alice, I wanted to let you know I've put the lovely card you made using 'Whimsical Girl & Bird' in my Designer Spot on the Bee Crafty Downloads blog, I hope you'll pop buy and have a look, best wishes Bee :)
Winter said…
So cute! I love the shape! :)
Super cute! I gotta put this in my favs on Flikr. I love it!
:) Rach
Cute design! Thanks so much for playing in the Embellish Magazine challenge!

Popular Posts