two cards to share

Here are two cards that I made for last week's "glitter" challenge over at the Hero Arts blog. I didn't get a chance to share them last week, so here they are!

I used a digital paper from the free Be Merry kit from Two Peas for the background. I colored and cut out the cute doggie from the Holiday Wishes wooden stamps to adhere it to the card. I have to admit that I don't like playing with glitter... It's just too messy to play with!! I bravely used some Martha Stewart glitter on this card... I think it would be a while before I want to play with them again.... I'll just use Stickles and glittery embossing powders from now on....

I saw a video on how to make a spinner card last winter. I think it was a Hero Arts video, but I couldn't find the video in their YouTube channel... I'll keep looking for it and will post it once I find it...

So I made Mr. Owl spin... I know it's mean, but somebody had to do it... Both the Flourish Pine and the A Lot Like Christmas backgrounds are embossed with glittery embossing powder. Mr. Owl is also covered with Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Hero Arts
digital kit for patterned paper: Two Peas
inks: VersaMark, Memento
glitter: Martha Stewart
gem: Heidi Swapp
other: Glossy Accents

Comments

Sanne said…
Two more great cards Alice.....and that little dog is just too cute :) - Love his winter outfit!
Virginia L. said…
How CUTE! Love both of your glitter cards!! This is just FABULOUS! Love the spinning owl,too ( SO fun!). I remember that video...I must watch it again !! Thanks for sharing these TWO SUPER adorable cards, Alice!
PS: I'm with you about the glitter...I hate to tidy up afterwards :)
Lucy Abrams said…
These are just toooooo cute Alice. You are so clever with your adorable designs.
Maylee said…
tooooo cute Alice! I especially like the spinning owl card!
donna mikasa said…
I'm partial to the dachshund (because we used to own one!) but who can resist a googly eyed owl? Love 'em both!
NinaB said…
These are both so adorable, Alice. I'd like to try that spinner card. I think my girls would love it.
Jill said…
Amazingly cute as always!! :)
Kathy (krolski) said…
Your cards are just adorable! I especially love the background on the 1st card!
It's such a darling card!
Hugs,
Cabio
Lin said…
Oh Alice, both cards are adorable, but the dog one melted my heart! SO CUTE!! We had dachshunds growing up, so I have a soft spot for any image of them. Love him going out on a limb amongst the snow flurries! Thanks for the smile!
Stamping Cafe said…
They are both super duper adorable, Alice! Love them! I love the dog on the branch so much, too cute!
Rach said…
these are two gorgeous cards. fantastic job. hugs rachxx
Vanessa said…
Adorable cards, Alice!! I love them - so cute and clever! This dog is so fun!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Gosh, Alice, I just went through all the posts I'd missed lately (time goes too fast these days!), and what a delightful visit! You do such AWESOME work. Keep 'em coming!

Hugs,
Lisa

Popular Posts