a card for Lucy's and Caardvarks challenge

This is my entry for the pale pink, aqua and kraft color challenge that the talented Lucy is hosting. I love these colors together and they are one of Lucy's signature color combinations, too! I am also entering this to the "Color It" challenge at Caardvarks.

I used a digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil called Hoppin Happy. I love this delightful image so much! I think the reason that I love this image is that I am a person that doesn't show emotion like that easily. A lot of times though, this image reflects how happy or excited I really am. =)

This is the first time that I used a stronger shadow on the image that I colored... Think it looks weird?

That's it for today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!



Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil, Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink: Memento
button: Papertrey Ink
string: DMC
white gel pen: Uni-ball Signo
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight
die cutting machine: CuttleBug
Copics used:
skin tone: E11, E01, E000, E93
shirt, socks: BG11, BG10, B000
skirt: R22, RV42, R11
bend-aid : E33, YR00
hair: E29, E25, E53
boots:E35, E33, E31
dog: E33, Y26, Y21, YR00, YR000
ground: E59, E57, E55
shadow: C5, C3, C1

Comments

Lucy Abrams said…
So so sweet Alice - amazing colouring on this cute image. Love the way you've added the sentiment. Thanks for playing along! :)
NinaB said…
Oh my, I seriously would love to sit and watch you color. This is another fabulous card, Alice.
Sanne said…
So cute Alice - I really admire your coloring!
Vanessa said…
Looove love love it!! Super cute card, YOU ROCK!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Diana said…
Jump for joy happy card Alice!
Deirdre said…
Alice... just love it. Beautiful colours and design.
Tracey said…
Alice...it is pefect!!
Kelly Booth said…
So cute Alice...Love her excitement and your inner emotion...your so sweet....Hugs!
Jane said…
Nothing weird about this card!!!! it soooo ROCKS!!! Who are you....who is this force behind these BRILLIANT cards!!!
xo
Maylee said…
That shadowing actually made her look like she is 3D! Love it! Fabulous card!
Stamping Cafe said…
Aw...this is super duper cute and sweet, Alice! I love the shadowing, it's wonderful!

I love the image so much too, reminds me how I was before I had kids! After I have my kids I always think I should be cool in front of them, but I think it's okay to show my excitement in front of them more now! :) Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs!!
Suzanne C said…
This is such a cute image and you have defintely done it justice! Lovely card
Amy said…
Awesome card Alice! I agree that the shading works for this card, it looks like she is jumping off the card!
Tiffany Ervin said…
What a very happy and playful card, I love that!
Julie Ranae said…
Thought I would stop by and say hello! Your project is SO sweet.....would love to have you visit the Play Date Cafe once again for one of our challenges....your style is wonderful!
Lea L. said…
This is so darling! Love those cute images and the shape of the card! Love the white inked outline too! Great job with the Caardvarks challenge!

♥Lea
Jill said…
SO cute! Your faux stitching is the perfect finishing touch!
donna mikasa said…
Wheeee! Such a happy, happy card! Love the faux stitching
and the darker shadowing around the images are perfect--really!

Popular Posts